Does anyone know how to setup The Neutral position on the TH8A H pattern shifter in GSCE?

Does anyone know how to set neutral on h pattern shifter in GSCE? I use the Thrustmaster TH8a shifter and I can't get neutral assigned to the configuration. I can get the gears 1st through 7th and reverse assigned but not neutral I'm new to sim racing on the PC and I've been able to get most of the games I've purchased setup with a little trial and error but I can't figure GSCE out. I'm using the TX wheel ,Clubsport V1 pedals and the TH8a shifter all hook up to the PC separately via USB. When I'm playing the game when I put the shifter in neutral it stays in the same gear that I took it out of. Thanks

I know I have read about this a while ago, and it can be solved. I think it is changed in the controller.ini file.
Gear select button hold=1 or something like that. The setting is for shifters that release all buttons when in neutral.
(UserData\Player\Controller.ini)

Thanks for the replies. I followed what Keith said to do (UserData\Player\Controller.ini) and
now it works properly. It turns out that I setup a custom button configuration that had the Gear selector button set to"0". I changed it to "1" and everything is fine. If I would have used the T500rs default configuration to start my button mapping I wouldn't have a problem because the T500rs already had the Gear selector button set at "1". Thanks fellas

When you click on the gear make sure your shifter is in neutral then move to the correct gear. It will then record that gear and as long as nothing is assigned to neutral it will automatically be neutral in game. If it's in gear when you try to assign it will automatically make it that gear. I know you can do it in settings file but if you don't want to leave the game this works.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back