does anyone have experience with a geko gs 105?

I'll be baffled if anyone can because it's not your common chair
http://www.gekosystems.com/
It's a seat that partially moves with you in it
the effect it tries to simulate looks really promising
can anyone share his experience with this, for me unknown, device?
and how does this system compares to that g-seat from simxperience?

Ok, I think I have a good idea now.
The negatives :
-It doesn't look like a racing seat (not really a con for me)
-You don't feel the forces on your butt and legs as like in gs4 for example
-Its probably better to use a wheelchair pillow because it gets tiring after a while
-Has a small learning curve but nothing annoying.
But I think the pros are far more and I'll state them here :
+Completely silent. Its crazy that I can be completely fighting with my car and my whole family sleeps without being bothered.
+Quite cheap for a motion simulator
+The software has easy and understandable settings with decent presets

Pair it with a vr headset and it's crazy immersive. Go for it!

Thanks that is helpful. I requested a quote with shipping to the US and also asked some questions. It has been a day and no response yet so I hope to hear something shortly. Is there a Geko user community, as there seems to be little or none installed in the US.
Thanks Again
John

Upvote 0
No, I don't think there is unfortunately any community. There is supposed to be profile sharing enabled at their site, but it's not that alive.
It is a small business and to be honest I don't know how active they are as well. I bought the chair second hand and till now no regrets ar all. But I paid 600€ and tested before buy. Don't know if I'd expect more for 2000€.

Upvote 0
I also bought the Geko motion simulator over a year ago, no problems so far and use it with Project Cars on the Oculus rift CV1 which is perfect the Geko. It is perfect because unlike other motion simulators that try and work with VR you have to remember that they tend to push you up, down, side to side in which the movement will not be in sync in VR and will induce motion sickness. The geko on the other hand has more contracted movements which will not induce motion sickness. The Geko support a whole lot of software apart from driving games, there is no limits 2 (rollercoaster) and FSX/Prepar3D/Xplane which are flightsims. All work brilliantly and would never fly/drive/coast without it. If only Elite Dangerous or Eve Valkyrie could sort out their Telemetry output for motion simulators.

Upvote 0
I also bought the Geko motion simulator over a year ago, no problems so far and use it with Project Cars on the Oculus rift CV1 which is perfect the Geko. It is perfect because unlike other motion simulators that try and work with VR you have to remember that they tend to push you up, down, side to side in which the movement will not be in sync in VR and will induce motion sickness. The geko on the other hand has more contracted movements which will not induce motion sickness. The Geko support a whole lot of software apart from driving games, there is no limits 2 (rollercoaster) and FSX/Prepar3D/Xplane which are flightsims. All work brilliantly and would never fly/drive/coast without it. If only Elite Dangerous or Eve Valkyrie could sort out their Telemetry output for motion simulators.

100% Incorrect on the VR front as far as other motion rigs/styles of motion are concerned.

Upvote 0
100% Incorrect on the VR front as far as other motion rigs/styles of motion are concerned.

I partly disagree with @Moxley6969 , and mostly agree with @forestguy .
Well, sort of. Motion systems that move the whole rig along with the wheel and have the vr sensor mounted on the moving parts should be fine with VR, since there is normal displacement of the headset position to thr drivers seat.
Gecko and gs4 seats that are using directly the forces and not movement to address the forces to the driver should theoretically have the same ideal environment for vr applications.
There are though some people that do not use the geko as intended and move around like a bag of potatoes, like in a normal motion sim. In these situations the vr application is not correct.

Let me give an example. In a car during a turn if you have a gopro in front of the driver you'll notice a small displacement of the drivers body. The whole car will turn, so will the camera with it. In a typical 2dof with only seat moving you have the chassis turning but the camera staying still. That will give more head turning in game either in vr or monitor. This could be something easy to get used to and after a point not even bother, but not ideal nonetheless.
The truth is that with gs105, even with this wrong use, the movement is still much less and barely noticeable. And having tested the dk2 only I cannot but agree that the seat and vr are a great pair together.

ps. sorry for some mistakes, i write from the phone and editing is a pain in the @$$

Upvote 0
I tested the GS105 and it was a great experience, but i'm getting older and it puts too much strain on my back.

I have a GS-4 with an Oculus Rift and the combination is awesome. The GS-4 motion solution does not move you around and it really adds to the immersion in VR.

Upvote 0
@HoiHman what are the sound levels of gs4? I found unbelievable how quiet gs105 is.

That was one the first things i noticed too when i tried the GS105. It's really quiet. The GS-4 definately makes a lot more noise, but not as much as in the videos above.

When i race at night, i have to turn down the volume of the buttkickers, but i can use the GS-4 without waking up the family.

To be honest everyting makes noise: The AF, the GS-4, the buttkickers, but i never hear them. I always race with headphones on, which completely block the noise.

The headphones on the rift also block the noises entirely, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Upvote 0
I was already thinking of the gekoseat combined with a vrheadset when buying the seat and thought it would form a great combination. Hope it will turn out that way... but first graphic cards need to beeef up some more methinks.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 229 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years