Resource icon

Misc Dodd's T500 force feedback tweaks 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
doddynco updated Dodd's T500 force feedback tweaks with a new update entry:

Dodd's T500 FFB Tweaks V2

Huge improvements to linearity and motor utilisation (very happy with this version):

• Anti-friction implemented.
  • Much easier to catch slides.
  • Better utilisation of motor torque.
  • Further increase to dynamic range and improved linearity.
Please note that 3rd party content may need changes to the in game FFB multiplier, it's completely up to the modders how 'Loud' their FFB is, so we must adjust accordingly. All S397 content should need no...

Read the rest of this update entry...

doddynco updated Dodd's T500 force feedback tweaks with a new update entry:

Fine tuning - accuracy improvements.

Now requires 'overall strength' in TM controller settings set at 100%.

Fine tuning for better accuracy at low signal levels - previous version over compensated for friction at low speed.

Removed steering torque extrapolation - this effectively disguised wheel clipping in the previous version and allowed the player to set the ffb multiplier incorrectly and still get a fake vibration feeling to trick them into thinking they weren't clipping. Now if the multiplier is set too high, you will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any adjustments for the T300?
Not really as it's quite well tuned out the box. Just make sure you set your TM control panel overall to 60%, and that steering spring saturation is 0% in your controller profile.

To edit your controller json you need to save the config in game first (give it a name, e.g JoelT300), close RF2, then open that file in notepad. Make the edit then save. Now open RF2 and go to controller settings and load JoelT300.

It's important that the digital feedback signal isn't clipping before it get's to the T300. So you should use this, or something else with a clipping meter: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dodds-car-info-display.29233/

Thanks for this, doddynco. Took me some time to figure why the overlay wasn't appearing, I didn't read any mention of having to run in Windowed/Borderless mode :). Relatively new to Simhub.

While at it, wheel's oscillating as soon as I get in garage
(FFB=60%-70%, MinForce=3%, TM CP Gain=100).

I understand you suggested TM CP Gain=60, w/c is why I lower it in-game. I already loaded game's default T300 profile but oscillation is always there with the GT3 and GT3 expansion cars, and you'd expect clipping (red bar) on fast bends. Is there any other setting I can check? Thanks!

Thanks for this, doddynco. Took me some time to figure why the overlay wasn't appearing, I didn't read any mention of having to run in Windowed/Borderless mode :). Relatively new to Simhub.

While at it, wheel's oscillating as soon as I get in garage
(FFB=60%-70%, MinForce=3%, TM CP Gain=100).

I understand you suggested TM CP Gain=60, w/c is why I lower it in-game. I already loaded game's default T300 profile but oscillation is always there with the GT3 and GT3 expansion cars, and you'd expect clipping (red bar) on fast bends. Is there any other setting I can check? Thanks!
I'll mention in the instructions that it needs to be borderless. My game runs best like that - and you can use windows key for desktop too, which is useful. Glad you got it working in the end.

There are 2 clipping stages, one is software (this the ffb meter you can see in the simhub display) and the second is the hardware stage - the wheel itself. Anywhere beyond 60% in TM CP and the wheel will clip the signal (you can feel it go numb, there is no detail beyond it). You can't see this in the ffb meter as it happens afterwards, in the unit itself. There's some bad information online about how this apparently isn't the case but I can assure you it absolutely is. You should set it to 60% in TM CP and forget about it, only using the in game ffb to check for (too much) clipping.

Make sure you turn spring off !

Oscillations from strong steering torque when you're stationary can be tweaked with this in your controller json:
"Steering torque zero-speed mult": anywhere between 0.00 and 1.00.

.... You should set it to 60% in TM CP and forget about it, only using the in game ffb to check for (too much) clipping.
Just to clarify, isn't 60% for the T500? I understand default of T300 is 75%?

Oscillations from strong steering torque when you're stationary can be tweaked with this in your controller json:
"Steering torque zero-speed mult": anywhere between 0.00 and 1.00.
I believe this is the same as the Min. Force in-game, right? I've tried it at zero but there's still some involuntary oscillation in the garage (as soon as I click Race).

While at it (hope you don't mind), I removed the lower functions in your hud (fuel, etc.), but could not manage to reduce the size of the whole window? Still studying the features of editing the dash. Thanks.

Just to clarify, isn't 60% for the T500? I understand default of T300 is 75%?

I believe this is the same as the Min. Force in-game, right? I've tried it at zero but there's still some involuntary oscillation in the garage (as soon as I click Race).

While at it (hope you don't mind), I removed the lower functions in your hud (fuel, etc.), but could not manage to reduce the size of the whole window? Still studying the features of editing the dash. Thanks.
You know I may have been a bit hasty with the T300@60% thing. It has been quite a while since I used one last but I test one to make sure I'm giving you the right number. Perhaps it is 75% and I'm confusing it with the T500. You'll know at which point you've exceeded the limit because even thought the Simhub ffb isn't clipping, the wheel will feel numb after a certain ffb software output.

If you editing the zero speed multi, you have to make sure you've already closed rf2. The when you open rf2 again you need to load that controller profile again in game. It is definitely what you need.

You're welcome to do whatever you like with it. I would like to see what variations you find useful - I might try to integrate them and give options to click through the layouts.

How well does it work with your screen resolution? I run a projector at 1280x800 so I haven't been testing it any higher. Is it still crisp if you resize it and is it readable at the default size?

You can add whatever you want in the overlay layout section on simhub.

You know I may have been a bit hasty with the T300@60% thing. It has been quite a while since I used one last but I test one to make sure I'm giving you the right number. Perhaps it is 75% and I'm confusing it with the T500. You'll know at which point you've exceeded the limit because even thought the Simhub ffb isn't clipping, the wheel will feel numb after a certain ffb software output.

If you editing the zero speed multi, you have to make sure you've already closed rf2. The when you open rf2 again you need to load that controller profile again in game. It is definitely what you need.

You're welcome to do whatever you like with it. I would like to see what variations you find useful - I might try to integrate them and give options to click through the layouts.

How well does it work with your screen resolution? I run a projector at 1280x800 so I haven't been testing it any higher. Is it still crisp if you resize it and is it readable at the default size?

You can add whatever you want in the overlay layout section on simhub.
I’ll try out & go back to the default setting of TM CP (mine’s at 75%) as I’ve had it set at 100% for awhile while adjusting it lower in-game, and see how it pans out. The oscillation is like there’s some dynamic dampening going on, where while in the garage, if I turn the wheel to one side, it suddenly speeds up turning, then oscillation continues back & forth. Like theres some setting causing wheel to spin. On hindsight, might be TM CP dampening, which I have set to 100% (sping only=0).

For the hud, well yeah, its a bit small, but readable on my triple 23” (1080p). I just adjusted and removed the lower, fuel info. But what I dont know how to adjust is the size of the outer main window, since the fuel info is no longer there. Theres no dragging handle to reduce the window size. How do I do that? Still learning & fiddling with the editor controls, not too user friendly.

I’ll try out & go back to the default setting of TM CP (mine’s at 75%) as I’ve had it set at 100% for awhile while adjusting it lower in-game, and see how it pans out. The oscillation is like there’s some dynamic dampening going on, where while in the garage, if I turn the wheel to one side, it suddenly speeds up turning, then oscillation continues back & forth. Like theres some setting causing wheel to spin. On hindsight, might be TM CP dampening, which I have set to 100% (sping only=0).

For the hud, well yeah, its a bit small, but readable on my triple 23” (1080p). I just adjusted and removed the lower, fuel info. But what I dont know how to adjust is the size of the outer main window, since the fuel info is no longer there. Theres no dragging handle to reduce the window size. How do I do that? Still learning & fiddling with the editor controls, not too user friendly.
Sounds like you have negative steering resistance (the t500 benefits from it, the t300 does not. Make sure Steering resistance saturation is set to 0.

Send me your controller profile and I'll let you know if there's anything funky. Rf2 doesn't use TMCP damping or spring so that should make no difference.

The outer window is just one of the translucent rectangles. The working area box is on the next tab on the right at the top. It's set something like 72x600 at the moment i think.

Sounds like you have negative steering resistance (the t500 benefits from it, the t300 does not. Make sure Steering resistance saturation is set to 0.

Send me your controller profile and I'll let you know if there's anything funky. Rf2 doesn't use TMCP damping or spring so that should make no difference.

The outer window is just one of the translucent rectangles. The working area box is on the next tab on the right at the top. It's set something like 72x600 at the moment i think.
I'll PM you my controller set. I'll check out Simhub too in more detail to edit. Thanks. :)

Edit: Can't attach a local file through PM, so I'm attaching them here. (I don't regularly load profile, so the current/latest should be Controller.json, right? But I'm attaching the last saved one as well, ajfan.json. Thanks.

Attachments

• Controller.JSON
    34.9 KB · Views: 144
  • ajfan.JSON
    34.9 KB · Views: 125

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years