Resource icon

Misc Dodd's T500 force feedback tweaks 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Right so you had negative damping on in your active controller so that is the issue. Let me know how you get on with this.

Close RF2
Put these two files in \rFactor 2\UserData\Controller and overwrite
Open RF2
Go to options > contols
Load > Ajfan preset

That should do it. There's a setting called "Use thread":True, in this Json, and I'm not completely sure but I think this might be best off from memory. So there is another preset which may work best - try both.

Attachments

• ajfan.JSON
    34.9 KB · Views: 150
  • ajfanUsethreadoff.JSON
    34.9 KB · Views: 138
Thanks! ajfan seems to work fine. Compared and don't understand too how those throttle/brake/clutch FFB settings got to be in there. :) Haven't tried out the 'Usethreadoff...', will do when I try again tom.

One more thing, how do I interpret the FFB signal in your Simhub overlay? Every now and then, a static figure shows and stays at the top. And there seems to be 2 sections in that FFB bar (top and bottom)? So far no red bar w/ the latest json (at 60% strength w/ the GT3 & Expansion), but saw it bouncing up to red at times with the previous json.

Those clutch/brake settings don't do anything but I thought best to 0 them just in case they're the problem.

That number at the top of the ffb meter is the real torque on the steering shaft. It's mainly a reference for DD users to help set the ffb output strength.

The NSX for example, in real life has steering wheel constant torque of about 8nm (peaks of around double that) so to set a DD at full 33nm peak would be far too heavy, and wouldn't really give a good representation of how the car actually drives. This is generally done automatically as you set your '33nm' in the controller json, and the game reduces the output accordingly - but the modders don't always set up the FFB output level, and the new s397 stuff is all over the place compared to the standards they use to use.

The number doesn't take into account if the car has power steering. The Gt3 cars have power steering, so while you might see 60nm or more on the Mclaren in normal circumstances, that would be before the power steering helps push the shaft, reducing it to probably around what the NSX is.

With a T300 you're pretty much always trying to get the max out of the base, so it won't help in setting the wheel, but is still a useful piece of info to better understand the car.

Last edited:
Thanks! ajfan seems to work fine. Compared and don't understand too how those throttle/brake/clutch FFB settings got to be in there. :) Haven't tried out the 'Usethreadoff...', will do when I try again tom.

One more thing, how do I interpret the FFB signal in your Simhub overlay? Every now and then, a static figure shows and stays at the top. And there seems to be 2 sections in that FFB bar (top and bottom)? So far no red bar w/ the latest json (at 60% strength w/ the GT3 & Expansion), but saw it bouncing up to red at times with the previous json.
The ffb meter has a realtime bar and a peak, similar to what you see on an audio mixer. Because the realtime moves so fast you can't really see it's max point very well, so that little marker is it's highest point in the last second.

I forgot to mention the torque number is the steering shaft peak in the last 5 seconds

click load and find the profile you just saved - I really don't understand that part from ur tutorial
if I gon click load it gon load my old settings and overwrite ur tweaks

how can I increase wheel rotation resistance (or this is torque I'm not sure)?
I really like how these settings give me road feedback but the rotation resistance is like 100% too weak and I really can't find specific thing I should change in notepad to fix that

this is similar question to that one Bram's asked above but u didn't told what we should do so I'm asking again :p

I tried few of these settings but any of them didn't result in effect I'm looking for

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back