Resource icon

Misc [DEPRECIATED] Dodd's RF2 Audio Config - Tweaks & Improvements 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
doddynco submitted a new resource:

Dodd's RF2 Audio Overhaul - Realistic sound generation audio mix.

What is this?

This is a sound configuration for RF2 users. It will affect only how the sound is generated, and the balance of audio signals. It improves the sound balance over the vanilla game and adds a few enhancements.

The audio engine is actually pretty good in Rfactor 2. However it seems that the audio mix hasn't seen any love for a long time.

Here's what this config does:
  • Kerb audio reacts properly to speed.
  • Small changes to tyre sound calculation gives better...

Read more about this resource...

(Google translate)

Ciao.

devi aprire "RF2 Audio overhaul.txt" nel blocco note di Windows. Quindi evidenzia tutto il testo e seleziona copia.

Quindi, vai nella cartella di installazione di RF2 e cerca un file chiamato "player.JSON". Apri questo file nel blocco note. Scorri fino alla fine del testo e troverai la sezione "Opzioni audio". Sostituisci questa sezione con il testo di "RF2 Audio overhaul.txt". Quindi fare clic su Salva.

Spero che sia di aiuto

(English)
Hello.

You need to open 'RF2 Audio overhaul.txt' in windows notepad. Then highlight all of the text and select copy.

Then, go into your RF2 install folder and look for a file called 'player.JSON'. Open this file in notepad. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the text and you'll find the 'Sound options' section. Replace this section with the text from the 'RF2 Audio overhaul.txt'. Then click save.

Hope this helps

doddynco updated Dodd's RF2 Audio Overhaul with a new update entry:

Small correction and final version

A final update - this is as good as it will get before S397 take a good look at the sound and either; a) give me access to more sound settings, and the ability to save the mix for each vehicle, or b) sort it out themselves.

The official content, even the new stuff, has very unbalanced sound. It is a real shame because it seems to me like they have done an excellent job recording and acquiring samples.

I will make a comparison video soon showing the difference between the default settings...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Do you have the default sounds? Forgot to back it up, wish to compare both, as this seems to have a bit too much reverb, sometimes.

Do you have the default sounds? Forgot to back it up, wish to compare both, as this seems to have a bit too much reverb, sometimes.
Hi Joel. If you cut your player.json and place it on your desktop. I think the default will be automatically created when you exit rf2 the next time. You can then just copy the stuff you want from the desktop into the default .json.

I agree that the reverb can be a bit overwhelming at times. If that is all you want to change, you can just reduce the reverb wet level.

Hi Joel. If you cut your player.json and place it on your desktop. I think the default will be automatically created when you exit rf2 the next time. You can then just copy the stuff you want from the desktop into the default .json.

I agree that the reverb can be a bit overwhelming at times. If that is all you want to change, you can just reduce the reverb wet level.
Ill try that first. What exactly do I change/adjust, and what values are valid? Thanks.

Thanks for the work. Much better immersion for me.

One question though, is there a way to boost opponent's engine volume while in the cockpit view? I'm at 100% for the AI, and have my engine volume down around 25% in settings.

Thanks for the work. Much better immersion for me.

One question though, is there a way to boost opponent's engine volume while in the cockpit view? I'm at 100% for the AI, and have my engine volume down around 25% in settings.
The short answer is no; until s397 add a slider for this in the new interface, there's no way to change this in-game.

The long answer is yes, but it involves decompiling the mas file for the vehicle and editing the .sfx file. Here you can change the opponent ratio and the attenuation (the rate at which the opponents sound drop off as the distance increases). You can't do this with encrypted content (basically all official content).

The problem you have is a very valid one because all content has vastly different attenuation for no apparent reason - it's a mess.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I wish they would separate the effects a little more, like AC, so it is easier to find a balance for all the effects levels. However what you have done here is very good, and a step in the right direction. I especially like the reverb effects. Much appreciated!

I tried it, mostly like it but engine level is a little low for me,
also how can i turn down the wind noise?
can that even be done.

awesome mod !

which value is controlling the wind sound volume ?

i wanna push it even a little more
Hi Monty,

Unfortunately you can't do that in a simple way. The closest thing would be to turn down the engine volume a bit more, maybe to about 27%. This in turn makes all the other sounds louder.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%