Documents folder and Raceroom Install

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
Today I accessed the folder Documents\My Games\SimBin\ for the first time to insert setup files in CarSetups and I wonder if you could help me out if this is an issue or not.

I have two folders as listed each contain the same sub folders but do not necessarily contain the same files in folders;
Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience
Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience Install 2

This is what I did.
1. Ran R3E at Mid Ohio with the Nissan GTO and saved default setup so system would create necessary folders in UserData\CarSetups
2. I initially looked in Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience and did not see folders for Mid Ohio
3. I looked in
Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience Install 2 I found the folders and inserted setup files
4. Went back to game and selected setup. Setup loaded. Ran perfectly. Closed R3E
5. Went back to Documents and deleted
Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience
6. Started R3E and FFB, Video, Sound and other settings were reset to default, or at least something other than what I was used to.
7. Setup was no longer available in game (although is present in folder Raceroom Racing Experience Install 2)
7.a. System created NEW folder Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience
8. Went to
Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience Install 2 copied folders and files in UserData/CarSetups to Documents\My Games\SimBin\Raceroom Racing Experience
9. Went back to R3E and setup is now available.

Do I have a bad install? Or is having two similar master folders in Documents normal?

It happens.
Last time it happened to me was when I re-installed R3E from scratch.
Not sure what causes it, but the fix is simple; just copy everything over from the raceroom2 folder, reboot, and that should be it.
Although it might be an idea to keep the raceroom2 as backup until you've verified the main folder is working as it should.

Reactions: DND
The 'Install 2' folder is also created if you have ever used the dedicated server tool that is available. So if you have ever used the dedicated server tool, you would not want to merge the folders together, as they need to be separate.

Obviously not a very specific folder name, but hey :p

As Lars said above though, a 2nd install folder can also sometimes just appear for no reason. That's quite rare though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back