Documentaries, got any?

Just finished watching Soupcons or "The Stairway Killer"
Awesome documentary where you always wonder if he did it or not.
Academy Award-winning documentary filmmaker, Jean-Xavier de Lestrade, presents a gripping courtroom thriller, offering a rare and revealing inside look at a high-profile murder trial. In 2001, author Michael Peterson was arraigned for the murder of his wife Kathleen, whose body was discovered lying in a pool of blood on the stairway of their home. Granted unusual access to Peterson's lawyers, home and immediate family, de Lestrade's cameras capture the defense team as it considers its strategic options. "The staircase" is an engrossing look at contemporary American justice that features more twists than a legal bestseller.
8 chapters or episodes of 46 minutes each.
It´s interesting in many ways as you not only have this murder case but you also get a view of how lawyers and judges work.
There are some pretty interesting "twists" in the story :)

-

Just looked at the trailer of "The Cove" about dolphins in Japan. (I´m sure you have seen some footage of slaughtered dolphins)
Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renowned dolphin trainer Ric O'Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health.
Seems quite interesting,

Found this great list too and i´m essentially just chipping of all the ones i find interesting.
http://www.imdb.com/list/X5SGhhucKC...ts=1&lists=X5SGhhucKCg&scb=0.7782163869123906

Love the form, even though the term documentary has become a bit devalued with all the reality type shows calling themselves docos.

here is an almost definitive list of some of the best docs from the last 25 years:
http://current.com/shows/fifty-documentaries/episodes/life-after-donkey-kong/

good luck finding all the episodes - they are out there and I've seen most of this list. Some, like the King of Kong, I'd never seen and turn out to be bloody marvelous when you track them down.

Saw Samsara yesterday. wow....

Not a single word is said through the whole doc....because you don´t need any.
Beautiful, disturbing, cool, bit scary, interesting etc i recommend that visual onslaught to anyone, definitely worth seeing!

Thanks will check out King of Kong!

Edit: watched Kong of Kong now....man that Billy....he´s the type of person you would have no problems punching in the face.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back