Do you use headphones, speakers or ESP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another quick silly poll for the forum ...
What audio equipment do you (mainly) use when you are driving?

(kick ass sennheiser headphones is my weapon of choice ... have a decent 5.1 creative setup, but apart from kids usually being in bed in next room when I drive, find the headphones give me every last ounce of detail without driving the neighbours mad :wink:)

• Matt Gray

Well my headphones have JUST packed in... I notice a lot of people are using Sennheisers and I'm wondering what peoples recommendations are?

Up to this point I've been having to use two headsets to make use of the microphone on one, and then my Sony ones for the sound (which have packed up). I'd like to go with an actual headset this time to save myself the hassle.

Anyone tried / using the PC 350's? They look like the sort of thing I'm after - much prefer the headset that sits over the ear rather than on it.

• Rocco Uder

5:1 system during day or afternoon, at 2200 i use my surround headphones, because my sweet neighbors need their beauty sleep (sisters from romania and quite hot!) :)

• Christian Dorsey

I use 5.1 speakers then plug in headphones (Sony's w/ noise cancelation). I use a Logitech G25 wheel and there's a conflict with my Plantronics DSP500 USB headphones when they're both plugged in. I've never gotten a solution to that problem. Anyone?

• Christian Dorsey

The surround sound effect is very nice on those DSP500's. On the good side, it's an excuse to buy some Sennheisers. Don't worry, I love a good poke. :bounce:

• Mikkow

AKG K271 Studio for me

Best headphones I've ever had ( a bit of an audiophile ).

They sound amazing, but the best feature is that they are closed headphones. They block out the sounds of the G25 shifter, the FF motors/steering resistance and pedal sounds. That's quite important for immersion for me. Just crystal clear sounds from in the sim.

• Mika Pyhäjärvi

Headphones are must to me! I really wanna hear my tires loud and clear! My lap times have improved greatly since I´ve been using headphones instead of speakers. Next Im gonna buy Speedlink Medusa 5.1 Headphones. Main reason for using headphones really is my 1 year old daughter because I wanna protect her hearing!

EDIT: I´m using Fostex T20RP (recording headphones)

• Peter Byun

I've been using speakers, but with all the headphone users posting, i may have to dig the sennheisers out :)

I use Logitech's $30 gaming headset. Prior to it, I used 5.1 speakers but for gaming, even a inexpensive headset makes a big difference over regular speakers. There are a lot of subtle sound effects noticeable with the headsets.

• Cedric Beugnet

I use a headset with micro with teamspeak for team communications.
My Wife don't like the motors sound!!!:rolleyes:

I use a Fatal1ty branded Creative headset (w/ detachable mic). They produce superb sound both in the headphones and from the mic.
Although, I am afraid they might show wear and tear soon... Hope not, beacuse good headphones these days cost a fortune. Saw a pair from a different company, and branded by Metallica for €70, and that is without a microphone!

The recession for gaming is now... :rip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back