F1 2011 Do you use brake points at Monaco?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Everyone probably has memorized brake points for every corner on every circuit, as do I, but I was just wondering whether you have them at Monaco as well? I have tried to use them there, but have found myself being much much quicker/consistant when I brake 99% by feel at Monaco. Whenever I look for my brake point even for a second, I lose concentration and often scrape the wall, while I almost never do that when I'm simply braking by feel. The chicane and Mirabeau are the only ones where I kind of use brake points, but even on those I don't really need them. It's like you need to be in a "trance" when you drive Monaco, where every throttle input, gear change and braking are more like reflexes and "second nature", and looking at brake points seriously takes me off this "trance".

You can never be quicker when you brake on "feel". That just means that your brakemarker was incorrect :)

To answer the question: yes, brakemarkers here as well, but not those set by the game :) I use certain buildings and other objects

Yes I use brake markers at Monaco.
An overhead banner for St Devote,
same for Massinet
the beginning of the yellow paint on the wire mesh fence on the left for Mirabeau haute
a stripe on the road for Portier
the 100m board for Nouvelle Chicane
50m board for Tabac
Overhead banner for Piscine
a point halfway between an overhead banner and the pedestrian crossing for Rascasse.
Then I add a few metres each for high fuel, primes and worn tyres!

I find that after enough laps at Monaco these points are picked up by peripheral vision and dont have to be stared at.

Jelio I agree, the markers are important, but at Monaco in particular, the 'rythym' comes into play more, there is a set time between gear changes , turn-ins, acceleration, braking, and once you get the timing, you push it a bit more, a bit more, till you are just off the walls & you'r ein the zone.....
Then I hit a wall. lol

EDIT - But if I don' thit the wall, then I can be really quick by this 'zone'. Too tight & twisty to be using markers the normal way (still use them, but they become less important).

Everytime, anywhere i'm using brakemarkers. Feeling is only for the exiting the corners, not in the entering... Also the shifting is one and the same any tour. That makes the new era pilot faster - gamers handling and thinking... and brakemarking ;) Ayrton Senna may be could say "Todays cars castrated, todays pilots - robots"...

btw. what do you use as a brake marker at Catalunya for Turn 5?

I've tried and tried, but can't seem to find anything to use....

800px-Catalunya.svg.png

Actualy "the point" for braking can be the reper of a track - tab, reclam, lamp, but sometime can be just the end of some gear. ;) Like the end of 5th gear for this corner... Use once the defoult setup to see where 5th gear ending (mean max rpm and engine crying lol), the moment of 6th is the moment for braking and downshifting...

At some corners I brake by feel, at others by some brake marker and all my braking points change between Q and R and even in the race to react on fuel load and tyre wear. Perfect example of braking by feel is the Nouvelle Chicane where I brake somewhere between 90 and 70 m depends on speed and fuel load.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back