Do you use a wireless headset?

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
From what I can tell the headset I have (Turtle Beach PX21) may not be of the quality I need to participate in Teamspeak so I am considering upgrading (at or below 100 usd). Wireless would be desired and microphone, would only be used for gaming on the PC. I have on board audio as specs below illustrate.
upload_2018-1-15_8-13-19.png

Please provide suggestions and a like and dislike you have experienced with your set. Thanks

I'm a happy owner of an HyperX Cloud headset: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/en/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset
Mine is the old black & white version: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KX3TLF4

hx-features-headset-cloud-white.jpg

I bought it because compared to other headsets it has a better sound quality, especially for listening music. :whistling:
My friends say that also the mic quality is very good.
Previously I owned a Creative Fatality headset (I don't remember the exact model), and while mic quality was decent, sound quality was awful.

A friend of mine owns a wireless Logitech headset and he often forget to recharge it, so it "dies" in the less opportune moments... :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for the good information and after reading up on reviews of the popular brands I am leaning towards the the HyperX Cloud II as it is Teamspeak certified and it comes in at under 100 clams. Seems like some of the others are putting a little more emphasis on RGB and less on controls, also the detachable mic and audio cables are a nice feature too. After considering Beef36's comment about buzzing with his wireless had me thinking I have a wireless keyboard, mouse and router I may be tempting fate by adding another wireless component to the mix and only one person using a wireless I may want to follow suit.

Upvote 0
I use a Logitech G930 which is wireless, but can be operated wired aswell. Several years old now and while the build quality is questionable as best (plasticky and the faux leather has completely fallen off), the hardware is still going strong with good sound quality and no lag.

Upvote 0
I use a Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Rage Wireless V2.0 Gaming Headset
71u-2k1YKOL._SL1301_.jpg
which I'm really happy with: the sound is good, the bluetooth connection is stable, and the battery lasts16 hours between charges. And it's comfortable to wear, even after a few hours. and not too expensive either :thumbsup:
EDIT: and you can change the colours on the earpieces too :D

Reactions: DND
Upvote 0
I use a Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Rage Wireless V2.0 Gaming Headset View attachment 230887 which I'm really happy with: the sound is good, the bluetooth connection is stable, and the battery lasts16 hours between charges. And it's comfortable to wear, even after a few hours. and not too expensive either :thumbsup:
EDIT: and you can change the colours on the earpieces too :D
I have the same and agree all Guitar Tech sad. Buy it at the lowest price directly on soundblaster site

Upvote 0
I can recommend creative too. I don't have a wireless headset but over the years I or friends had a surround system, small stereo speakers, headphones, in ears, sound cards...
They aren't Premium quality but the sound is always decent to good and for the price you always get great products!
So if 2 people recommend this wireless headset by creative, I'd say go for that if you like it :)

Upvote 0
I can recommend creative too. I don't have a wireless headset but over the years I or friends had a surround system, small stereo speakers, headphones, in ears, sound cards...
They aren't Premium quality but the sound is always decent to good and for the price you always get great products!

Unfortunately their actual products have nothing to do with the quality of what they produced in the early 2000s in collaboration with Cambridge SoundWorks... :cry:

Upvote 0
Unfortunately their actual products have nothing to do with the quality of what they produced in the early 2000s in collaboration with Cambridge SoundWorks... :cry:
That's sadly true, I agree!
My older sister still has such a collaboration 2.1 system iirc.
Tested some headphones last year from creative for 45€. Sound was great, but too much plastic for my taste so I got something a bit more expensive.
Still worth the 45€! :)

Upvote 0
So if 2 people recommend this wireless headset by creative, I'd say go for that if you like it :)
I have a Soundblaster X soundcard in my computer too, much better than the onboard sound. and the BT headset harmonizes perfectly with it.
But I do have Bose loudspeakers, and not Creative, for the rare occations when I can drive without a headset: usually when my wife is not at home :whistling::D

Upvote 0
I have a Soundblaster X card too and with the HyperX headphones sound is mega.

I do find the Rift headphones to be ample though.
I mean sat in a race car you'd have ear plugs in and lid on ..it's pretty muffled.

Have a Corsair 2.1 SP2500 system ..thought about using them for the engine and jst one side of the Rift for Spotter.

Anyone else do this ?

Upvote 0
I have the logitech G933 Artemis Wireless headset and am more than happy, it has a replaceable battery for whenever the included one stops holding a charge, DTS X 7.1 Surround and Dolby.
logitech-g933-artemis-spectrum-wireless-headset-1.jpg

Upvote 0
I have the logitech G933 Artemis Wireless headset and am more than happy, it has a replaceable battery for whenever the included one stops holding a charge, DTS X 7.1 Surround and Dolby.
G933 is good from functional perspective but sound quality is not good enough for me.
I still use them sometimes but have gone back to wired headphones for now.
Was looking to buy Sennheiser Momentum wireless (way above 100$) but those have quite big latency apparently.

Upvote 0
I already had a PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset for my PS4 and tried it on my computer. It works great. I didn’t have to do anything special to get it to work. I don’t notice any latency, but you do have to use the usb dongle.

Upvote 0
I have the Corsair void 7.1 surround wireless and I'm very happy with them. I bought a wired set of Astro A40 with mix amp but I've just sold them and gone back to the corsair wireless. Soo comfy and great sound.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing