Do you use a sim racing dash display?

Hey guys,

Was wondering if I could get your take on sim racing dash displays? Interested to know your thoughts and please check out my poll and the questions here:

Q, Do you think sim dash displays are still relevant if you use VR?
Q. How do you mount yours if you use one?
Q. What size sim dash screen do you have?
Q. Do you use a phone or tablet with a sim dash app?
Q. If you are looking for a dashboard display, what would be a reasonable price?

Cheers, Mark

Some good questions there, Mark.

From my POV I still think dash displays are very relevant - often if you are setting the correct FOV and using a monitor, the in-game dash is obscured or just not visible at all.

I use a number of options -phone, tablet but my main go to screen is a 5 inch screen which is mounted to my Fanatec DD - its a onesimpro and comes with a pre-constructed mount for different wheel bases.

With regards to actual dashes, I mainly use those that are compatible with Simhub - but have used other options in the past, but as I also run separate LED's, a button box and motion, it is really easy to manage all devices in Simbub.

I see quite a few dash screens that are integrated on wheel rims - which would be great but on investigation many of these use proprietary s/w and don't allow access to open source options as Simhub or Z1 etc - so the point here is that I don't want to restricted to having to use proprietary s/w.

In terms of pricing I would be willing to pay £120 = £150 for a dash screen which can be mounted to a wheel base. I would expect to access most dash displays at no charge but have made donations when they are really good and have paid for some when the display / info 100% meets my requirements.

And with regard to the VR question - i race using both vr and a monitor - depending on the sim, type of race / session, mood etc - and think there is less need to have a dash when using vr as often all the relevant info is visible in the headset and anything not integrated takes away from the vr immersion experience.

Thanks

Alex

Upvote 0
I have a DIY nextion 4.3" running with Simhub.
At the moment I use it as secondary display to keep better track of my lap times and my competitors'.
Some general info on there too like track/air temp, fuel, track condition.

"Mounted" it on the upright of my P1-X aka sitting on top with a velcro strip.

Not a VR user.

Upvote 0
I have this wheel from Speedmaxracing, it has a dash Display, but since my seat Position isn't the best i'm not able to use it correctly.

A: i don't think sim racing Displays are relevant for VR Users. Guess it is useless.
A: as i wrote above, mine is mounted in the steering Wheel. But if i would have an extern one, i would mount it on my wheelbase.
A: 5" Display running with Simhub
A: Yes i tried it with my phone. Was using the WLAN Connection on Simhub for the phone, but only for my lap times.
A: Something like 100-200€, i wouldn't buy any Display above 200€

Upvote 0
Irrelevant for VR but with correct FOV a must for screens
I also have a onesimpro screen and it's mounted currently to my T300 wheel using their custom mount
5" HDMI screen using SimHub
Tried a 7" tablet using various GoPro mounts - it lasted about 35 seconds in a race and then fell off due to the wheel vibrations and smashed (hence the more permanent, elegant solution)
Around the 100-120€ mark seems fair when you look at what you could pick the bits up for and make yourself

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back