Do you think my warranty is void?...

Well I'm joking of course becasue I bought this wheel back in 2011 direct from Fanatec, it's not had a great deal of use (spent a few years in the loft) but today the main platic spindle that runs through the middle of the wheel just sheared in half while I was racing! (see image below). I'm really quite gentle with the wheel so I havn't been yanking on it at all since I bought it new.

It sheared completely in half where the green box is. It's now glueing back together but I don't hold much hope for it dealing with the FFB so it'll likely shear off again :( (If I can manage to get it all back together that is lol

I can see why Fanatec say that these wheels are not user serviceable as they are put together in such a way that they are actually quite tricky to dissasemble.

If my fix does not work I guess I'm out of the game for a while becasue I currently can't afford to be buying Fanatec kit again, even the used stuff fetches good money. I'm 110% sure fanatec won't sell me just that part and I assume they wouldn't have any anyway :cry:

"F", gamer down :thumbsdown:

Are you in the U.S.? I have the same wheel but it does not work. It's in excellent cosmetic condition complete in the original Fanatec packaging.

The wheel was working until my brother over rotated while it was turned off causing wire breakage but I am unaware of any mechanical flaws. I have several other wheels and have never had the need to fix it.

If you're willing to to pay postage, you can have the wheel. Please send me a message if interested.

Are you in the U.S.? I have the same wheel but it does not work. It's in excellent cosmetic condition complete in the original Fanatec packaging.

The wheel was working until my brother over rotated while it was turned off causing wire breakage but I am unaware of any mechanical flaws. I have several other wheels and have never had the need to fix it.

If you're willing to to pay postage, you can have the wheel. Please send me a message if interested.
Extremely kind of you but no, I'm in the U.K. so I expect shipping will be quite expensive due to size and weight. Very nice gesture though which is muchly appreciated.

Last edited:
Y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶K̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶r̶e̶s̶.̶

Nevermind, I don't have sufficient privileges to post in the market place yet.

Last edited:
Well I managed to pick up a replacement wheel (another 911 GT2) for cheap on eBay so hopefully I'm all set again now and now I even have a doner wheel for spares.

The replacement wheel seems ok so far, it was a little sluggish at first but after updating its firmware it seemed ok so hopefully it'll be fine.

Well I managed to pick up a replacement wheel (another 911 GT2) for cheap on eBay so hopefully I'm all set again now and now I even have a doner wheel for spares.

The replacement wheel seems ok so far, it was a little sluggish at first but after updating its firmware it seemed ok so hopefully it'll be fine.
Glad you got it sorted!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years