Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

What racing gear do you use while sim racing?

• Gloves

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • Boots

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Gloves + Boots

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • None

Votes: 211 69.6%

Do you race online?

Do you race online?

• Yes

Votes: 514 62.8%
  • No

Votes: 304 37.2%

• Total voters

RobPhoboS

Premium
I voted 'no' but I want to have a go online.
However I can't commit specific days/times, which is what bothers me so yeah, it's not because I don't want to !

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
50/50 so far, it shows that a lot of RD members are into online racing, which is a good thing, as the % of total sim player not doing online should much higher.
Still, even in this special environment, half the people here are not into online racing.

A few years ago i sometimes did (semi casual with a youtube community and Sim Racing System), but it was too time consuming for me because trainings etc. I prefer to just drive for myself when ever i want what ever i want.

After all i'm not really a competition person and the reason i started simracing was to be able to drive stuff i cannot afford in real life.

Last edited:

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Solutions
I've done about 5 races online, since I bought AC in 2014 - I think that counts as a 'No' :p

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Premium
Solutions
I'm honestly surprised how many people on here don't race online, with the way most modern sims are somewhat geared towards that.

Me personally, I don't race online. I've done half a season of iRacing a few years ago, and one (1) whole online race in Assetto Corsa on SRS when it was new. I'd rather keep to myself in games

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
Exclusively.

And inclusively of course. ;)

Last edited:

Nitro McClean

Premium
My son and I never raced online for more than 10 years, but we discovered SimRaceGP last year. Now my son is racing online every week, and I sometimes. My son also races in real live. I can say online racing has a lot in common with real live racing. The big difference with racing against AI is the feeling you are actually racing against real people you can talk with in the Discord voice chat, and who will shout at you when you don't treat them fair :) .
For us it was just difficult to find a place we could enjoy online racing, but SimeRaceGP made it very easy for us.

Last edited:

blot

Premium
I've raced online once in Wreckfest, I went on a French server with the Daimler DS420 limo painted in a Union jack colour scheme! They absolutely obliterated me, I made it as far as the 2nd corner! Was a genuine PMSL experience! :roflmao:

Last edited: