do you race in the dark or light ?

Do you race in the Dark (Night) or in the Light and or artificial light ?

I normally race in the light under artificial light

I usually race in some light, but not too much. If it's completly dark I get distracted by how much the screen is lighting up the room. Makes my eyes hurt after a while :p
I need some light in order to race properly...unless it's a rainy race because then the screen won't show so many bright colors, so then it won't feel like I'm trying to race while staring right into a light bulb :p

But I do like to race in the dark. Feels nice. Especially in the cockpit view in night or rain races. Cosy :)

• Brad Johnson

I got a Lava Lamp, its not very bright so it dosen't affect my eyes that much.

If its a Night Race in game, then i'll turn it off as it gives a little bit of glare.

I race in dark, because then I can be 1 with the pc and the sim lol.. if I race in the light I race with some speakers besides my screen. and I dont want to look in a cockpit when racing while Im watching my speakers O_o

Relative darkness for me.

If during the day I normally drive with the curtains closed so I don't have the sunlight glaring off the screen as the windows are south-facing.

If driving at night I normally drive with the spot light at the opposite end of the room turned on, or the tv also at the opposite end of the room turned on so that I have a bit of background light in the room as otherwise I get tired quickly and lose concentration.

• Stefan Gunnersen

Watching the screen in total darkness is not really pleasant. All the light is annoying to the eyes, well mine anyway. But too much bright light just around the screen is also not good. I prefer to have a lamp lit in the background so that the whole room is properly lit.

However, direct sunshine is BAD!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing