F1 2011 do you manage your engines?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
8 engines per year, 19 races.

do you let the game decide for you or do you manage engine allocation yourself?

my first season i let the game decide, they usually use all the engines brand new for the first 8 races then go back around using them twice, so by default in the second half of the season you are using 2nd hand engines.

in the 2nd season i decided to personally manage them, and has it benefitted? well at monza i was 2 secs a lap faster than the field.. maybe a new engine had an impact

this is how i have managed them for S2. i may change in S3 but i am not to sure at this stage:

i wish the game allowed for better engine management than in the practice session

trackengineuses
AUS1new
MAL12nd
CHI13rd
TUR2new
SPA22nd
MON23rd
CAN3new
EUR32nd
GBR4new
GER42nd
HUN43rd
BEL5new
ITA6new
SIN62nd
JAP7new
KOR72nd
IND8new
ABU82nd
BRA52nd

I've started playing with the engine choice this season (my fourth). I don't know if it's making much difference, to be honest - each race wears out the unit by about 2%. I've been trying to saving the 3rd use of engines until the likes Monaco, Valencia and Singapore if possible.

What's really annoying is that you cannot change the engine before the start of practice, and you can't change it at all if you have a performance test to do. I had to use a brand new engine for Valencia because I had a performance test - which makes a mockery of the whole idea of managing engines properly.

A practice session only usually takes 1% of the engine life, so I normally do as much of the practice session as I need to do, then change engine for qualifying.
I will use any engine until it's below 95% then change up.
I use the <95% engines for Monaco, Singapore and Abu Dhabi.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%