Do you have a second wheel?

The reason I ask, I've seen the G27 for £169 in Curry/PC world and although I'm happy with my TX, If anything happened to that it would be nice to have the G27 as a back up. I realise Logitech are no longer going to be supporting there peripherals but at that price, I think it's a good investment :)

Another bad example here: one PC rig, one console (currently only PS3) rig, plus 3 wheel sets in the cupboard (4 if you count the spare Thrustmaster rim).

Trouble with a spare wheel of lesser quality is that using it doesn't necessarily bring pleasure, it generally just reminds you of why you upgraded in the first place. But saying that, I don't seem to be selling mine do I? :S

Upvote 0
Another bad example here: one PC rig, one console (currently only PS3) rig, plus 3 wheel sets in the cupboard (4 if you count the spare Thrustmaster rim).

Trouble with a spare wheel of lesser quality is that using it doesn't necessarily bring pleasure, it generally just reminds you of why you upgraded in the first place. But saying that, I don't seem to be selling mine do I? :S
You have 2 rigs?????

Upvote 0
I started with the Fanatec GT3 wheel, really like the wheel, but it had to go back for repairs, took a few weeks to & fro, so I bought a Thrustmaster TX to tie me over. Needless to say I was blown away by how good the TX is, so the GT3 is my spare wheel now ;)
TX & Fanatec pedals is amazing :)

Upvote 0
I'm getting so into my sim racing now that If my wheel packed up, I don't know what I'd do. I got it from a catalogue and they are no longer in stock so they wouldn't be able to replace it :-( I may get the G27 as a spare just in case as it is still a very good wheel.

UPDATE***** I now have a second wheel! at that price, it was too good to not do it plus my credit card people gave me another £500 to spends.........Stupid bastards!!!! lololol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I have a plan when I get my second wheel. I still have a wheelstand so I'll mount the G27 on that and drive from the couch for stuff like F1 and then I can just get back in the rig for the proper racing :) win win

Upvote 0
I have two PC rigs. ;) I only build them once and use them 3-4 years, then a build a completely new one. The last one is still good for Photoshop and other things, so it's my back up (and eventually the home PC for the missus).

Up until now I only had one wheel at any time. The DFGT still works and probably would for the next few years, but I wanted next gen FFB.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years