Do you have a Issue with RRe FFB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the 1992 pack to be the best for feeling/handling, hit and miss with the rest, maybe one day we get the updated physics on all of the cars we've bought

The only issue with FFB (other than rF2 and iRacing where haptic feedback is non-standard/absent) comes down to personal user settings.

The R3E team have @Georg Ortner who is a huge fan of haptic feedback and they provide us with a huge range of adjustment. It took me a while to dial it in, and I still adjust it occasionally, but you really can make it feel just how you want it with the right approach.

I need that feedback or I can't drive a sim - I assure you, it is all there.

The only issue with FFB (other than rF2 and iRacing where haptic feedback is non-standard/absent) comes down to personal user settings.

The R3E team have @Georg Ortner who is a huge fan of haptic feedback and they provide us with a huge range of adjustment. It took me a while to dial it in, and I still adjust it occasionally, but you really can make it feel just how you want it with the right approach.

I need that feedback or I can't drive a sim - I assure you, it is all there.

I agree that the game has a huge range of adjustements...the only problem is: there are too many. I just don't understand what they do.

I'm still trying to decide if having so many options is a good thing or not when I consider that the sims with the best FFB have very few.

I won't hit 'disagree' on your post, as some people seem to get their knickers in a twist over that, but I do disagree.

I like a particular 'feel' when I drive and it takes some setting up at times in config files, etc.

rF2 was a nightmare until I figured out that they had deliberately ruined the FFB with the new engine variant BUT the old settings were still available in the config files.

Having all the options in a menu makes a lot more sense to me, personally.

My only issue of 'feel' in R3E was caused by the default car setup being absolutely useless. Thankfully, @Andi Goodwin fixed me up with one that works!

yep .. too much spring and loose centre since auto degree of rotation/steering lock was introduced ... just like in AC ... before it was perfect .. sadly bad enough to make me not play .. good old via config tweaked ffb ..

or 6 people do not know what good ffb is;)

Lets not forget that R3E is still very much in wip, and physics/ff etc etc is still being worked on a very regular basis. So please keep the reports coming, but please always remind yourself, that FFB is very subjective topic!

I find the DTM cars to be among the worst for swaying. I need to go back and double check all my settings though, just to make sure I'm not causing the problem with a rogue setting somewhere.

It maybe James, I now don't get any swaying from them, the car that was worst for me was the gtr2 ruf...and that has gone too. I popped my current settings in the 'wheel settings since update thread' and a tip about sensitivity. I know you have a different wheel but it may help.

As for the strong center forces, I'm learning how to control the weight transfer better and that is helping. I feel my inputs are becoming smoother.

Last edited:
Lets not forget that R3E is still very much in wip, and physics/ff etc etc is still being worked on a very regular basis.
But it hasn't been changed since the initial improvement in Oct 2014, right? ;)

You guys have been putting out a lot of other content and improvements so that's great. I hope maybe there's a way to get back to optimizing what's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%