Do you feel that AC will be the last sim of your life?

I do. Maybe if you are younger than me (and more optimistic) you have expectations in a brighter future. I have the feeling that there is no logic in expecting new sims in the future (such Assetto Corsa 2, for instance). The reason is the hardware. Newer games with photorealistic graphics with ray tracing, 4k, running in triple screens or high resolution VR headsets with lots of FOV, with real physics ala BeamNG Drive? That's impossible now and it will not be possible in many decades. The evolution of CPUs and GPUs is slow and almost stuck, with absurd prices and unable to supply enough computing power even for the games with have now under certain circumstances. Ten years ago I dreamt with better games; nowadays I dream with better hardware to improve the experience I have with AC.

Thanks, found their discord server. Have done some back to back runs against ACC. Wondering if public CSP 1.75 that I am using is missing some extensions, because it honestly felt quite terrible, super bouncy with some severe bump steer, has overpronounced AMS2 like understeer effect, and worst of all super aggressive killing shoulders SAT return as if there were no gyro effect at all, overall very nervous, nothing like ACC model. Not sure what to make out of this.
This is on SC2 Pro, btw.

EDIT: Ferrari is broken in 1.75 as well. :(
If you open your PM's you might get some assistance...

Thanks, found their discord server. Have done some back to back runs against ACC. Wondering if public CSP 1.75 that I am using is missing some extensions, because it honestly felt quite terrible, super bouncy with some severe bump steer, has overpronounced AMS2 like understeer effect, and worst of all super aggressive killing shoulders SAT return as if there were no gyro effect at all, overall very nervous, nothing like ACC model. Not sure what to make out of this.
This is on SC2 Pro, btw.

Interesting evaluation - and I don't mean that sarcastically.

I also tried the two cars back to back a few days ago, and I felt them to be quite similar, with the AC version having better feel through the FFB (for me personally, probably the new gyro), and none of the aggressive SAT you describe, although it was somewhat heavier than the ACC version with similar FFB settings where possible. I was able to post very similar laptimes with both versions around Nürburgring after a few laps. Then again I also don't have too much experience with GT3 cars and am not exactly quick in them.

Doing back to back runs with the Kunos R8, although not exactly the same version of the car, shows how massive the difference in implementation really is. I hope the BK 488 EVO works again soon, I'm really itching to run it against the recently released Kunos version of the 488 EVO.

Interesting evaluation - and I don't mean that sarcastically.

I also tried the two cars back to back a few days ago, and I felt them to be quite similar, with the AC version having better feel through the FFB (for me personally, probably the new gyro), and none of the aggressive SAT you describe, although it was somewhat heavier than the ACC version with similar FFB settings where possible. I was able to post very similar laptimes with both versions around Nürburgring after a few laps. Then again I also don't have too much experience with GT3 cars and am not exactly quick in them.

Doing back to back runs with the Kunos R8, although not exactly the same version of the car, shows how massive the difference in implementation really is. I hope the BK 488 EVO works again soon, I'm really itching to run it against the recently released Kunos version of the 488 EVO.
I just checked and pretty sure BK's dampers and bumpstops are broken. Easy enough fix and tones down the sat/bumpiness. I can provide (a fully encrypted of course) acd for Andrew with the fixes. They (BK) were bugging me a while ago to update the acd (I manage encrypted data for the patch) so I'll probably send them the fixes as well.

Last edited:
This is on SC2 Pro, btw.

You're obviously able to identify more in the detail than I am. I've not tried any ACC cars either so I'm only really able to make the comparison with the couple of sims I use.. which is mainly AC. The BK LMS immediately felt better than the ks AC GT3 cars to me. More 'alive' as you say. I was wondering how much of this came down to placebo.. ie two modders having just recommended this car as a significant step up from the Kunos GT3 cars. So I tried the ks cars back to back and still, for sure the BK car feels better. It's interesting that the car was underwhelming for you.. specifically the suspension, as this was the improvement that felt immediately highlighted to me! In truth, I don't really know what it should feel like - interesting that someone else has found the BK car (with the broken dampers and bumpstops I assume) to be similar to the ACC GT3s. I wonder where is the line between the subjective and objective quality of these cars? Intrigued to see how the dampers and bumpstops fixes affects the car for you.

Last edited:
For me, this is one of the better mods released as of late: https://www.ktm.com/en-gb/X-BOW/e-sports---gaming.html Everything about it is really nice. By far the best in FFB in terms of giving you vital information of what the car weight is doing and best front end feel in a while.

I recently drove BK R8 and noticed the suspension issues on the front end specifically and it'll be interesting to drive it once it's been updated with fixes from F1papa.

For the BK R8 to feel decent, i had to this in cm:

1627988361530.png

Last edited:
For me, this is one of the better mods released as of late: https://www.ktm.com/en-gb/X-BOW/e-sports---gaming.html Everything about it is really nice. By far the best in FFB in terms of giving you vital information of what the car weight is doing and best front end feel in a while.

I recently drove BK R8 and noticed the suspension issues on the front end specifically and it'll be interesting to drive it once it's been updated with fixes from F1papa.

View attachment 493063
That looks great, but when I click 'download' nothing happens. I tried disabling adblock to no avail. Any ideas what I'm missing here? Cheers!

That looks great, but when I click 'download' nothing happens. I tried disabling adblock to no avail. Any ideas what I'm missing here? Cheers!

It's an .exe so maybe your browser or A/V is blocking it? i know it's weird...

Check downloads for the .exe and then run it.

Maybe right click, save as on the download button? If not, i can zip it up later and send you a link via DM.

Last edited:
It's an .exe so maybe your browser or A/V is blocking it? i know it's weird...

Check downloads for the .exe and then run it.

Maybe right click, save as on the download button? If not, i can zip it up later and send you a link via DM.
After several warnings I now get the option - 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device'. Do you think it's definitely safe to proceed?

I concur, I honestly don't think any other sim even comes close to the amount of freedom you have with AC. I have been playing AC since around 2014, well over 3000+ hours on it. No other game even comes close, I'm constantly trying to convert others who play other racing games eg. f1 , gran turismo etc to come to the dark side. I believe AC has the best modding community there is hands down, everyone is always willing to help if you have any dramas with hardware or software to get you back on track globally. The online racing is also above the rest, i mean from time to time you will come across a toxic driver who just wants to ram rod there way into victory but overall it's way better than a lot of the other "sims" like f1 where people are just trolls constantly with no actual intention of having a nice clean race without all the drama. I really wish more people would play AC. I've introduced it to no sim racers of all ages and almost everyone one of them has always asked for 5 more minutes lol, anyways in summary , Yes i do believe this is my one and all sim forever.

Best of luck , happy hunting and i hope everyone is staying safe in these dire times.

Reubenator

• Deleted member 197115

You're obviously able to identify more in the detail than I am. I've not tried any ACC cars either so I'm only really able to make the comparison with the couple of sims I use.. which is mainly AC. The BK LMS immediately felt better than the ks AC GT3 cars to me. More 'alive' as you say. I was wondering how much of this came down to placebo.. ie two modders having just recommended this car as a significant step up from the Kunos GT3 cars. So I tried the ks cars back to back and still, for sure the BK car feels better. It's interesting that the car was underwhelming for you.. specifically the suspension, as this was the improvement that felt immediately highlighted to me! In truth, I don't really know what it should feel like - interesting that someone else has found the BK car (with the broken dampers and bumpstops I assume) to be similar to the ACC GT3s. I wonder where is the line between the subjective and objective quality of these cars? Intrigued to see how the dampers and bumpstops fixes affects the car for you.
I can only think that you drove with different version and it's only the current distro that has broken suspension stuff, because it's some pogo stick simulator, not sure if driveable at all.
@mclarenf1papa, thanks for looking into this, I'll probably just wait when BK update their download on discord if I decide to try it again.

• Deleted member 197115

View attachment 493063
Seems like it's disabled by default with some scary warning "Please use carefully, it's very experimental; if any issues would arrive, run Steam integrity check".
Anybody knows what "use carefully" means? :p
This is for "allow to use patch car's data to activate extended physics".
For the first one (allow to use custom car's data), looks like it's only needed if you have unpacked data, mostly for modders to save packing and unpacking when making changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 493063
Ah yes - thank you kindly. Really nice balanced handling This is a great car!

@Elaphe thank you for your post and this interesting thread, at least when it discuss the OP subject and not derailed.
I agree with you, I am not expecting to enjoy a “better” SIM than AC any time soon. At present, beside AC, I also enjoy, but spend very little time in them, ACC and Kartkraft. ACC because of the amazing details put into so many aspects of racing the GT3's and GT4's, but honestly still prefer driving AC. Kartkraft because the kart driving feels right to me and AC does not do kart well imo.
But overall, on every aspect, with the latest CSP patreon version and latest SOL, it is, to me, so far ahead of anything else as pure pleasure of driving and realistic look, that spending time in anything else feel like wasted SIM driving time.
Do I wish it could be better? Yes, absolutely. But when comparing, AC with all the toppings, I prefer AC and AC is where SIM driving is at in 2021 and will be in a foreseeable future.
Will we see something like AC again, probably not, the future is most likely, highly specialized SIM titles, like ACC, for many aspects of the sport series.
The GPU technology will need to step up. From what we have seen and can see now, nothing imminent is on the horizon,

On one hand it is a little sad, that nothing better is available, but on the other, we are so fortunate for what we already have.
Long live AC!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%