Do we need a skins sticky subforum?

Even just a link to the fact that we've added one to Trading Paints. It can do the hosting so saves us hosting here on RD. Also special request can be posted for RD Clubbers. We all know that there is a thriving industry on the iRacing Showroom and paints request. We've always had a no fee policy here for skinners (as far as I'm aware). If we make requests here, it shouldn't undermine those guys who make cash from it on iRacing.

Only for R Clubbers of course. anyone who want's to make a bit of cash off non-RD iRacers should be able to continue to do so.

Personally i think it really strange people asking for money for a paint.
Any way i like iracings default paint options enough to never even border downloading customs.

But for the ones that do like it, a skin sticky might be usefull.

Surely if they want to charge for a paint job and folks are happy enough to pay them for doing it, I don't see the problem. If both parties agree to the terms, then IMO there is no issue, absurd as it may appear.

I personally would not pay someone else to paint me a car in any sim, but I don't see why threads should be locked because Mr.A is charging Mr.B for a personalised paint job and Mr.B is more than happy to pay. Its not as if he's agreed to paint the car for free and then when its finished, moved the goalposts and decided to charge a fee.

If people are fool enough or lazy enough to get someone to put them a paint job on a car (that ultimately no-one may see if they don't download the file and save it to their paints folder) then why does that call for a thread lock?

I do see the problem. We are all here because we do this for a hobby. We don't charge you for posting on the forum either or our racing staff charges money for organizing leagues and races.:)

Nobody gets paid at RD, and we hope to keep it like that as long as possible.

I do see the problem. We are all here because we do this for a hobby. We don't charge you for posting on the forum either or our racing staff charges money for organizing leagues and races.:)

Nobody gets paid at RD, and we hope to keep it like that as long as possible.

The painting of a car in iRacing (or any other sim for that matter) doesn't come under RD's jurisdiction though, surely.

So if someone who is a member of RD arranges through the forums over at iRacing to paint a car for another RD member, would this cause a problem here? Would this be classed as an RD member 'being paid'?

Or are you just saying you don't want folks to use the RD forums for discussing the buying and selling of car paints?

The intention of the sticky was to allow RD members only to discuss skins and skinning in iRacing. To showase the skins that they have made and make other RD'ers aware that their skin was available in Trading Paints.

At no point was did I want or expect that it turned into a market place like the General Paints Forum at iRacing. I'll continue to offer free skins to anyone that asks for any of the cars that I currently have in iRacing.

If you've seen some of the debates and flames that accompany people either looking for or offering free skins on that iRacing forum, it's best if we use RD's iRacing forum to support our meembership.

I've never been paid for a skin, I wouldn't charge here on RD either. However, as there appears to be a thriving market on iRacing. Then if someone offered, I'd take it. Although I guess there are many better painters on Iracing than me so that'll never be an option:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back