Do Video Games Cause Violence?

Yes I often beat the crap out of games that don't let me win! :D

On a more serious note. I think on some level someone needs to have a tendency towards being violent first. Video games might to help tease that out a little easier than it might do without but I fail to see how it can do so any more than all the films and programmes that air on TV every night. I think culture is much more of an influence. A kid who rarely goes out and plays the games is much less likely to go out on a violent rampage than a bunch of teenagers who lurk about at night then go home and re-inforce all the bad they've seen out there with TV and games.

I know that is a massive over simplification of things but the idea I think, is the right one.

You are totally right Dave. I count as a kid and yes I go rearly out but I am never violent but by language will get a 180 degree turn if someone or something makes me angry.

Btw I wonder if Sim-Racing is concidered a Violent game because there are peopel who like crashing and who knows that might cause some violence. :D

Can I wonder where was inspiration of this part in Smith's mind :D

And about the question I think it depends really man to man (girl to girl, animal to animal), I trust that someone is more agressive because of gaming and someone isnt really impressed in those stuff, so he kills some zombies later night and tomorrow he is nice sweet dady etc. :)

When I was younger and was playing some hard blood games yes, I was thinking about its behavior out of the gaming hours but I would never hurt anyone or do anything though... I think it is the same like movies or books, you are thinking about it with all its atmosphere but if you are human you wont do anything because of it :)

So yes, eventually it causes violence, like everything around us...

video games cause violence when they are hard to complete and are difficult - the violence is when you end up throwing your console unser a lawnmower and hit the remains with a hammer

it makes you violent towards your console and the people that made it and the people in the game and the cat from down the road which will enevitabley electricute itself and veryone in the world from the carbon it used and so contributes global warming

if thats you anyon ehten thats cool :)

I remember crying and shouting crazily, hitting PC's table when i was 6-7 years old playing Sonic 3d game. It was very hard and i was dying at the last moments of the level, start all over again and again. In the end, mother banned the game and hid the CD :D. After that time i never played annoying platform games.

F1:CE really gets to me. You can be in first all the way and then the AI just not bother to brake on the corner and do smashing into the back of you. Only had my PS3 about 2 weeks and already the edge of the controller is dented/cracked a little where Ive banged it again the arm or chair.

my xbox controller is a bit dented cuz it keeped disconncting so i throwed it against the wall a bunch of times
then changed the batteries and it works fine now

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years