Do updates ruin your wheel settings?

Every update seems to ruin my wheel settings somehow and I get the feeling that saved profiles are often not compatible with new versions. Is that true or am I missing something?

I have spent hours going through forums, dialing in FFB on my CSW 2.5 to a point where I enjoy driving, mapped all the buttons and every once in a while my wheel stops working, won't give me the correct rotation even though I did fix my .ini - so I have to load some default profile, remap buttons again and hope it keeps working for more than a few days.

The wheel is fine, I have no problems getting it to work in AC, ACC, iRacing, AMS2, R3E and so on.

Never had an issue like that with my T300, backup your Controller.ini and if the issue happens after the next update copy that over, if that doesn't work then there's certainly something fishy going on.

Every update seems to ruin my wheel settings somehow and I get the feeling that saved profiles are often not compatible with new versions. Is that true or am I missing something?

I have spent hours going through forums, dialing in FFB on my CSW 2.5 to a point where I enjoy driving, mapped all the buttons and every once in a while my wheel stops working, won't give me the correct rotation even though I did fix my .ini - so I have to load some default profile, remap buttons again and hope it keeps working for more than a few days.

The wheel is fine, I have no problems getting it to work in AC, ACC, iRacing, AMS2, R3E and so on.
it happened to me aswell wrong wheel rotation so i just had to delete controler json twice
somehow it came back but deleting it solves the rotation problem
fanatec csl elite here.

Thank you guys for the help, deleting the controller.ini usually works for me as well, I am just getting annoyed by loading a session and then having to quit the game again to sort through my files, wish this was a bit more user friendly.
And I couldn't rule out causing the issue myself..

Every car update of every single car resets the car FFB multiplier to the default value of 1 (or, in new UI, 100%). Maybe that's what you're experiencing.

It's one of the more annoying rF2 things, especially since the car multiplier also seems to be stored per livery, so every time you change livery, you also have to re-adjust it, and you pretty much have to adjust it for every single car in rF2, because the defaults are rarely correct, even if you haven't adjusted your FFB in any other way.

Last edited:
Every car update of every single car resets the car FFB multiplier to the default value of 1 (or, in new UI, 100%). Maybe that's what you're experiencing.

It's one of the more annoying rF2 things, especially since the car multiplier also seems to be stored per livery, so every time you change livery, you also have to re-adjust it, and you pretty much have to adjust it for every single car in rF2, because the defaults are rarely correct, even if you haven't adjusted your FFB in any other way.
Don't think it's the multiplier, check that everytime I join a session. I think it's mainly the wheel rotation, you can edit your controller.JSON to make rF2 set rotation by software (like other games do) and some threads actually advise you do this, maybe this get's somehow reset if you reload a profile or something. I just wished this worked like ACC, set up once and be done :)

Thanks for your time and help, everyone!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%