Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Hi,

Just had this issue also and it was because Windows Defender has blocked access to this folder. Go to Windows Security -> Virus & Threat protection -> Protection History - from here you will see that windows defender has blocked access to the cfg folder of assetto, go to "Contrrolled Folder Access Ssettings and turn off controlled folder access.
Capture.JPG

Hopefully this helps the rest of us who will be facing ths issue.

Ok, I've been out of the frame for a while (around a year), and I'm looking for anyone that can help me with all i've missed settings-wise within Content Manager.

Can anyone help me with what I definitely do / don't need to do? Anything that particularly stands out that sucks performance for VR users? Which settings should or shouldn't be checked in Optimisations, or with aspects of the shaders patch effect performance the most, or give the most FPS gains? Which PP filter offers the best balance of performance and eye candy for VR?

Ideally if theres anyone that runs the game well with a 2080ti or similar that could share screen grabs of their setting s it would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks

D

#virtual-reality-talk, check pinned post

Thanks, I'm already on there. Discord is a ball-ache to find what you want though. It's good for short fire q&A with people that can be bothered though.

Unless you meant there's some kind of VR specific guide on there that I haven't seen?

Ah, brilliant - looks like its exactly what i was looking for! What card and CPU are you basing the settings on? Thanks again. D

yeah i'm still having no luck with mine, for some odd reason this is only happened after i updated my wheel. has anyone had a similar issue. because on initial load up it loads the race and game but doesn't let me control anything bu then after i go to the settings it then shows race cancel when the steering wheel is recognized

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up an online server at night? I already have Sol and night shader installed. However the slider only goes up to 18:00 hrs in server mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sol runs on the clinet slide not server side so if there is away I dont know it but I have been using the server options for a few months now. I wish they would give the server app some love.

I cant seem to find the assists section in content manager, I can turn them in from in game but I cant seem to find them in CM

I had to reinstall recently and I know i had the options on when starting through CM before but cant get it working now

There's somewhere here at RD a video or topic explaining how to prepare such a server for a rather long time now .... I see if I can find it.
Else there's surely one on Sol or CSP Discord.

NB: of course it needs Content Manager to prepare it ... and afterwards the files may even be transfered to a remote server.

EDIT: This one should surely help you: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/post-3106072

Last edited:
Hey I was wondering if there was a way for me to set custom AI Names at random.
Currently there are a list of Random names which will be selected at random when you add an AI to your game, you can change their names in the menu once they're added. I understand this.

But when you don't select names, there is a list, which sets the names for you at random, right? I was wondering if I could add new names to said list, so that I can have, at random, drivers such as Max Verstappen, Jimmy Broadbent etc. joining me in races, without having to manually set them. Also the idea of more western names would be nice, I feel a little teamed up on seeing loads of Eastern European names and then my own.

Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 210 14.3%