Do talent files still work on the steam version?

Hi, decided to get back into rfactor after a long time off. My short version of my question is do talent files work for the ai in your game when played via steam? Since mine do not work, while they did work in the non-steam version.

The long version of my question:
I have a new pc that does not have the game so had to get it via steam. It's the first time playing this game via steam (on the old pc i had the standalone version).

Installed the game via steam and everything is working fine, except for the performance of the AI. I've tested a bunch and my conclusion is that the talent files are not being used. When racing multiple tracks multiple times the conclusion is that the ai free practice and qualifying results are just random, but always very close.

I have checked this via 2 mods, the indycar 95 and cartfactor 98 mods. Both come with talentfiles. But when racing there is just random but very close ai results, with the only noticable effect is that the Toyota powered AI in the 98 mod are always at the back (that engine package is a few tenths slower). So the difference in car performance does have an effect, but not the talent files. I even changed tha rcd files input for some to 1 and others to 99 for pace/speed, but no impact.

In the version i have on my old pc the talent files in those mods do work. I have checked and the files are the same, the location is the same and the references in the rfcm files as well.
I have installed those 2 mods via the original zip file when i downloaded those mods years ago, so it isn

So long story short, my question is: Do talent files work in the steam version of the game for you guys? And if so, did you change anything in the setup of the files or the locations?

Cheers

It depends on what the AI skill/Abiliity option is, because generally if you ride at 120% all cars will appear to have the same speeds while from 100% to 90% you can notice a certain difference, it also depends on the way you are in the 'Talent'
To make this clearer, I'm using the IDT IC95 at 100% using all 94 Reynards, AILimiter=1.0, so it is definitely like a league edition mod. I've created two new rcd file (following the two files) and still, despite a huge difference in values, Levins is just a few tenths of a second slower or even faster. That's really annoying, it seems the only effective way is to modify the hdv file...

Don Matrelli
{
// Driver Info
Nationality=
DateofBirth=xx-xx-xxxx
Starts=0
Poles=0
Wins=0
DriversChampionships=0

// Driver stats
Aggression=50
Reputation=50