Do someone have a desperate need for replay cameras for a track? Let's go!

If you desperate need replay cams for a track that doesn't have it, and I find the track fun, I can do a Camtool set for free, just for the fun of it.
I already made some replay camera sets but now I'm looking for more good tracks that deserve it. Maybe you can help!

I'm sure that discovering good tracks and making replay cameras for them will help the community.

Count on me, lets go!

Some of the cameras I've done:

- I don't know if you notice but my prefered style is for close ups. As I only play solo runs to then see how the maneuvers goes in the replay I tend to focus on the car working as a machine, suspension, tires, brakes, etc. So my style is like that. Generally any tv motor show, uses close up camera angles. I think this causes a sense of speed, energy, raw power, etc.

I noticed, and I love that. Usually the generic replays (not camtool), that 'ship' with the tracks, are made for racing. They have to include a bunch of cars in the frame, and stay on them for a long time, so we can follow the race. And we need that, of course, because it's primarily a racing game. But I'm a designer, photographer and movie buff, so I also love seeing more cinematic camera angles and positioning. And, like you say, those can focus more on the individual car, and cameras end up switching faster.

I also enjoy the 'car as a machine' approach. Also, some cars are works of art, which deserve to be admired, standing still, but also in action. Goodhood is perfect for that because, well, it's a car show :)

- I would like to know how's the style you like most. Because generally for racing it's better a more broad and wide angles and cams that stays in it's place for longer... to be able to see what's going on overall in that segment.

Exactly. Well, I think you should do what you love, it will come up better than if it's something you don't appreciate yourself. I think what I miss in most replays is really not focusing enough on the car, and they usually have a slower pace in terms of camera switching. Some tracks are exciting to drive, but that feeling then gets lost in the replays. And that's a shame.

- If it's fine for you I can work on my own style and produce my view on the listed tracks. I've just finished downloading the Goodwood version of posted, I'll see hows the replay cameras are and then try to think of something, but considering the key elements you pointed.

The cams in Goodwood are ok. They really get the job done. One doesn't follow the car all the way through, though, but that's it. I have nothing against most cameras already done for the tracks I mentioned. I'm thankful they exist. That's the thing. I always thought that replay camera should offer variety because then, talented people can save the video from all the cameras, and even edit the video later, choosing the best bits from each cam. They'd probably edit replays from different cars differently, because they would be able to pick what bits of what replay work better that time (regular and camtool) according to how that lap was. Where the highlights were, etc.

That's why I think you should keep your style. Most cameras don't focus on a single car like yours do, and that will be very useful to complement the other cameras. Of course having a replay that keeps changing cams too fast and shows nothing of the track, becomes hard to watch. Disorienting. So that has to be balanced so the viewer can breathe.

So I think the trick is to make sure the beautiful landscape of some tracks can be used to great effect too. SOL gives us stunning skies, 'real' rain is coming soon... And most tracks have bits were the cars get over the curb or slide, which can be great from the right angle.

- Everytime I saw any Bathurst footage I saw a bunch of cars. I've never saw a review of a car in that track. That's something I'll search YT for. So I don't really never expected to make any cams there. Other than that, the cameras that I saw in the games over the years were somewhat good ones. And you are giving me the possibility to have a new look towards this track. How I would like to see cars going around there. It's on my list now. :)

Yeah, it's a great track. The regular cams are great, but yeah, there's room for something different.

- The person who did the camtool for kyalami2016 is the user rambokim. He's really one of the best, if not the best out there. Well... I think I'm a complete noob beside him! lol But I can try it'll be at least fun!

It's probably great to follow a race, so he did a good job. I just don't enjoy his use of the overhead camera before the last big straight. It would probably be perfect for one of the 'esses', a smaller area, shorter time, no movement, just the cars rushing by. Also, the camera going up and away from the track before the downhill stars misses the 'Mount Panorama' sign which can be seen either from the car of from one of the regular replays.

It's my fault, though! I tend to race on the same few tracks, over and over, so I end up noticing ALL of the small details on everything... :) A casual user probably won't care about those details.

- you said "There's a user on gtplanet doing a bunch of regular replay files for some not so well known tracks, which had none, and she's doing a fantastic job, slapping together a bunch of them in no time. Some of which you covered too." Who is this person? I would like to know her work. Because I'm trying to do the same.

Here's her corner in race department:

https://www.racedepartment.com/members/safi-hellie.953242/#resources

She also posts in the best and most useful thread for Assetto Corsa I know of:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-1145

- you said "So thanks! Between the 2 of you, you got it covered." Sorry English is not my primary language. If it was a compliment, I thank you very much!

Yep, just thanking you both. I noticed on your 'Hong' video that your GeForce software was in portuguese. Are you by any chance portuguese or brazilian? I'm portuguese myself.

- And last but definitely not least you said that "A great replay can really make a sim (or a sim driver) shine." I could not agree more! This is soooo damn true! That's the first time that I saw a person think like that! I always thought the same!

:)

In the meantime thank you very much for replying to this thread!

My pleasure. Thank you for those great replays, I have them all, except for a few tracks I never installed. Like Hong! But I'm going to install that one now too, and then your camtool replay for that one.

Wow I've just saw the default cameras for Bathurst and the majority of the angles are great! I wouldn't even touch that! One more reason for me to understand what you're looking for. I would love to know, maybe I can help!

Both versions of Bathurst have good (some actually great) regular replays! And some of the 5 camtool replays for the FM7 version are great too. Too bad we can't just use them on the ACU version too, since it's the same track, but that's not how it works.

Ah and publius, as I'm going to take a look right now at the new Goodwood Hillclimb track and you said it's short, I already did cams for a track of 10km long! :)

That must take a long time to get done.

haha just saw the two cameras set. They're perfect! God! Now I reeeeally want to know what you expect from replay cameras! I'm really curious! :D

For Bathurst maybe you could see a lap in all the available regular replays, so you can come up with a 'best of' of all the angles/camera positions in those.

First of all thanks for all your time replying to me. Sou brasileiro! :)
Now I understand much better what direction to go. I already started the Goodwood yesterday and it took me 3 hours to do 80% of it! :) It will be a little bit different from other cam sets. :)
Then I'll do Bathurst!

Thanks for the links I'll check it out.

And oh... Hong? This track is sooooo muuuuch fuunnn! I'm not even playing it anymore. I just chose a car and let one AI do a hotlap on it! It's amazing! Lots of smiles at every corner! You have to give it a try!

That one is amazing! It's better than the existing one for the ACU version of the track, and it also beats the 5 existing camtools for the FM7 version. Very smooth, love the camera movements. And I've only seen the demo video yet. I've installed the file but haven't tried yet. Now I need a few hours to enjoy the replays of dozens of hot laps and races I've done there... starting now! Thanks man, this truly is public service.

Never done that, but I've been wanting to try for a long time. Just have to figure out the best video capture solution. You use GeForce software, but I use a Radeon graphics card, so the one you use shouldn't work, but there's provbably other options out there. Go to find out what to use.

Yep, I was able to install it, test it, and it runs great. Did a test video yesterday but quality is not great, so I'm going to figure out what needs to be tweaked in the settings and then try again. I should have something (anything) by tomorrow.

The Las Vegas Stardust track only has extreme distance trackside cams. Instead of seeing cars pass by upclose, you get a view from what seems to be a mile distant. Would make a nice atmospheric view, but the last several cams are all far far away. Is that fixable?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back