Do longer Records with ingame Recorder

maybe ive found a workaround for making longer recordings in assetto corsa...

Didnt try this yet, maybe some1 can try this today @the Abarth500 Race

There is a replay.ini file in the assettocorsa/cfg directory

replay.jpg

in this file you can add this command

[REPLAY]
MAX_TIME_MINUTES=60 ; specify a maximum time OR
MAX_SIZE_MB=26 ; specify a max size

add a time you want to record, it should be given more priority to the record time than the filesize.

Be sure to make enough space, because 5mins recording means approx 100mb filesize (or more?! dont know :D)

i made a mklink to a directory on another HDD with more space, so i dont waste space on my ssd for this

how to make a mklink: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/278262-mklink-create-use-links-windows.html

(if links arent allowed, sorry please delete ;) )

EDIT: After Racing, you need to go to the records-directory and rename the "cr"-file. this is the last recording and it's only a temporary file. if you want to save the recording, you need to rename it, otherwise it will be overwritten next time you start a race!!

DIDNT TRY THIS YET, SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS REALLY WORKS

Last edited:
maybe ive found a workaround for making longer recordings in assetto corsa...

Didnt try this yet, maybe some1 can try this today @the Abarth500 Race

There is a replay.ini file in the assettocorsa/cfg directory

View attachment 55660

in this file you can add this command

[REPLAY]
MAX_TIME_MINUTES=60 ; specify a maximum time OR
MAX_SIZE_MB=26 ; specify a max size

add a time you want to record, it should be given more priority to the record time than the filesize.

Be sure to make enough space, because 5mins recording means approx 100mb filesize (or more?! dont know :D)

i made a mklink to a directory on another HDD with more space, so i dont waste space on my ssd for this

how to make a mklink: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/278262-mklink-create-use-links-windows.html

(if links arent allowed, sorry please delete ;) )

EDIT: After Racing, you need to go to the records-directory and rename the "cr"-file. this is the last recording and it's only a temporary file. if you want to save the recording, you need to rename it, otherwise it will be overwritten next time you start a race!!

DIDNT TRY THIS YET, SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS REALLY WORKS

Tried this yesterday, unfortunately any value over 500MB is ignored by AC. Also the MAX_TIME_MINUTES value does not appear to take precedence over the internal MAX_SIZE_MB value that AC uses either.

Recorded the Sunday GT3 Silverstone race with a 500MB value and only have the last 5 laps (roughly 12 minutes).

Yeah instead of storing the first few laps of RD at Silverstone on Sunday where crazy stuff happened and i went from 15th to 6th before the first turn, my replay saved the last few laps where i got a tank slapper on the penultimate corner and threw away a place!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%