Do I have to pay for MP ?

Hi Forgive my ignorance just bought rfactor 2 enjoying belgium 66 enormously.
Q am i correct in thinking that to race online/multiplayer I now have to pay in addition to having bought the game?
Thanks in advance

Depends on what you purchased. Either buy "with" lifetime online "or" add a year of online to the base rF2 ($31.99 + $11.99).

upload_2016-7-12_17-58-8.png

What communication issue are you talking about? Despite the fact, that it is actually quite clever to inform yourself about what you are actually buying beforehand, those three options are pretty clear of what you get with them. So yes, online services include multyplayer. And even when you don't know what those three options are from the get-go, there is a very detailed explaination what those options are and what is recommended on this page: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase/

In case this is still not enough there is a FAQ linked on the previous mentioned page, different Forums including the official one and the contact from the developer. Are people really that reluctant to inform themself and want to have served everything on a silver plate, or am I missing something? Not saying that the OP is stupid, but making up problems where no problems are, is pretty much leading nowhere.

Before purchasing ANYTHING in life a little research is needed. If I buy gas for my car, is it 91 or 93 octane (car needs 93), if I purchase milk is it whole or 1%, if I purchase car insurance does it have 100K or 300K liability coverage... If I purchase rF2, does it include multiplayer... If I purchase Assetto Corsa does it include Nordschleife...
I understand someone may overlook what's required but it's not like the information can't be found ahead of time, and we all can make mistakes.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Completely agree about research if there's ever any doubt on the purchase. However given the posts that regularly made their way around the official support forums every few months even when it was just Standard and Lifetime, and then questions on FaceBook especially when going on Steam, questions here, and now this topic, you have to acknowledge it. Much like Tim W. acknowledge years back in the forums.

It's probably too late to get a refund on Steam and purchase differently, but if you do want online then just go ahead and get the $11.99. It will take 4 years of online renewals to make it compare to the Lifetime price, so it shouldn't be the end of the world.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back