Do I buy rF2??

just d/led the steam demo version of rF2 but my g29 wheel and pedals, although recognised, foes not work???? is this just the demo or is it a problem with logitech,windows 10 and rF2.
Also is there a fix i dont want to pay for a game i can't use lol

I think if you give it a fair crack then you can't really be disappointed, I mean, as long as you know what you're getting yourself into of course.
You dont get swish and fancy menus with a catchy soundtrack
Graphics are nice when you adjust them but it takes some tweaking.
Adding content is difficult unless it's on the Steam Workshop as then you just subscribe to it.
Online is very quiet... unless you're here on RD and have some great races, like the one we had last night, (early this morning for me), and that is when this title truly comes into its own.
It's a bit rough around the edges but is currently being smoothed out vigorously by S397. So much has been changed in this title and still has more to come.
It's a great title and I hope you enjoy it if you do take the leap.
(Would also check for deals coming up in Steam for the base title and the DLC as GT3 and Endurance packs, along with Le Mans and Sebring are some of the best additional content for this title. IMHO of course)

just d/led the steam demo version of rF2 but my g29 wheel and pedals, although recognised, foes not work???? is this just the demo or is it a problem with logitech,windows 10 and rF2.
Also is there a fix i dont want to pay for a game i can't use lol

Exit the game completely, make sure you close the launcher box as well. Leave your wheel on.
Launch the sim and your wheel will work. Happens with my Fanatec occasionally.
Oh, and to your question Should I buy rFactor 2... Do you breathe air? Yes! You should buy it’s one of the best.

Adding content is difficult unless it's on the Steam Workshop as then you just subscribe to it.
For content not on Steam, what is difficult about downloading a file, extracting it if necessary, putting it in the Packages folder, and then installing it from the launcher? The only part that is different from other games (like AC) is installing it from the launcher.

Installing content from the Steam Workshop is best though, when that option is available. Purchasing DLC is more difficult than it probably needs to be, but, once you find the purchase point, it's straight-forward.

Honestly, most of the good content is on Steam Workshop anyway IMO.

Though a fairly big drawback of the Steam Workshop approach is that everything takes twice as much space on your disk, as you have the installed content, and then there's also the Workshop "cache" that you can't get rid of. When installing the packages manually, you can at least remove the source packages once they are installed.

Whilst there is a G29 profile, you probably need to map the pedals and other buttons.

The game can be a total gem, you just need to find the right content, that can sometimes prove a bit limited.

Mods are very hit and miss, S397 content varies in quality, and seldom get revisited to fix flaws and or quality issues, despite feedback from their user base.

I have win 10 and g29 with shifter , i just got rf2 and tried demo first.
Odd thing is first time I loaded game my g29 was recognised but would not work. I noticed the pedals were all max output as well, I exited and reloaded and problem was gone. it worked perfectly after a restart. did same with both full and demo version of game.
Also note demo version I don't think is full patched version which full game is.

Game also auto mapped the g29. I only had to make button changes and customise it to suit what i wanted and set the ffb as I want. Apart from that odd behaviour on first loading sim its working fine since.

My Logitec Ghub version was(at the time) 2019.10.26907, I have since updated it to 2019.10.27506
not sure it that had anything to do with it.

Also try unplugging other devices sometimes (joysticks etc) they can mess with stuff.

Last edited:
Buy it. G29 owner here, with a few tweaks in FFB about clipping (using SimHub to monitor de FFB). There is also a profile in rfactor for G29, and you can tweak 1 or 2 things only if you want.
There are a few free GT/F1 mods, that are very good and nice tracks.

One more thing, i don't think i use the logitech profiler in win10.

I purchased the game yesterday.
I dont really need it, but i used to be a fan of rfactor 1, and at 15 euros i could not resist.

I am sure that this is a fantastic sim, but there is ACC and others.
Just need to specialize to only some cars per simulation !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%