DLC Problem

hello everyone
a few days ago i bought and installed the three big car packs for factor 2.
(endurance and both GT3 packs)
however when i got into my game and the launcher started it ll seemed to go fine except the Norma P3 and the 911 GT3 both said they needed external base mods and they aren't in my game.
did i miss something or is there a way that i can reinstall the packs?
thamks

hello everyone
a few days ago i bought and installed the three big car packs for factor 2.
(endurance and both GT3 packs)
however when i got into my game and the launcher started it ll seemed to go fine except the Norma P3 and the 911 GT3 both said they needed external base mods and they aren't in my game.
did i miss something or is there a way that i can reinstall the packs?
thamks

I have a similar issue.

And I have a track that I subscribed to that was taken off the Workshop--no way to uninstall it or delete it, so it also reloads and fails every time I start rF2. The already slow load time is exacerbated by this silliness with the launcher.

if the track is removed from the workshop, you must remove the track folder via windows. Use file explorer to search out any more instances of ... Sebring... or VIR... etc. then you should be able to sucessfully run the new content.

When I manually delete folders of the problem vehicles or tracks, the launcher/rF2/Steam restores them the next time I run rF2.
I would delete all the sub-directories of the problem vehicles or tracks followed by "unsubscribing" then "completely" shut down Steam. This will force a full install of your problem vehicles or tracks in question!

Last edited:
I would delete all the sub-directories of the problem vehicles or tracks followed by "unsubscribing" then "completely" shut down Steam. This will force a full install of your problem vehicles or tracks in question!

The issue is that the items were either removed from the Steam Workshop by the author (or Steam?), or are items I never purchased, so cannot unsubscribe from them in either case. To be clear, none of the problem items in my installation are in my Launcher list of content, yet the Launcher throws errors, attempts to update or reinstall those "non-existent" items, etc., every time it is run.

Last edited:
Have you checked your workshop's "content" folder where it keeps a backup copy of all your car's and tracks. Perhaps deleting those problem cars and tracks from there will solve your problem.

Located in: Steam/steamapps/workshop/content

Wow, didn't know that existed.

So, after fiddling for quite a while in a bunch of folders with very descriptive six-digit names (for the game) and nine-digit names (351 folders) for the workshop content, I finally found the rF2 section and I realized this was not intended to be user-friendly. I searched for the track filename since looking through every numerically-named folder would take forever. I deleted the entire folder and, yes, it solved the problem! The Launcher no longer attempts to reinstall this track every time :)

Next, the cars that I never purchased or subscribed to, but come-up for some reason every time with a base mod error. They are the Endurance Pack cars. The only DLC cars I own are the GT3 Challengers Pack. I see RFCMP files for them when I search. Before I delete, is there any explanation how they got there in the first place when I never purchased the pack or any individually?

Thanks for your solution--you win the rF2 Genius award (since no one else, including S397, was able to provide an answer).

Last edited:
Wow, didn't know that existed.
The Launcher no longer attempts to reinstall this track every time :)

Next, the cars that I never purchased or subscribed to, but come-up for some reason every time with a base mod error. They are the Endurance Pack cars. The only DLC cars I own are the GT3 Challengers Pack. I see RFCMP files for them when I search. Before I delete, is there any explanation how they got there in the first place when I never purchased the pack or any individually?

Thanks for your solution--you win the rF2 Genius award (since no one else, including S397, was able to provide an answer).
Great news! Perhaps years with troubleshooting skills needed in my Electronics business gave me the help needed here as it sometimes proved helpful in my other walks in life. :)

Maybe caching those cars you never bought is Steam's method of helping their servers from overload so i really don't believe it will mess anything up to delete those Endurance Pack cars and you just will need to download them again from Steam if you decide to purchase them. Do a backup if it makes u feel better!

Last edited:
Great news! Perhaps years with troubleshooting skills needed in my Electronics business gave me the help needed here as it sometimes proved helpful in my other walks in life. :)

Maybe caching those cars you never bought is Steam's method of helping their servers from overload so i really don't believe it will mess anything up to delete those Endurance Pack cars and you just will need to download them again from Steam if you decide to purchase them. Do a backup if it makes u feel better!

Terrific. Maybe there was a caching concept and then it was abandoned? Regardless, they are not updating with the latest version and causing a hassle on every launch, so I will delete :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%