DIY solution for more cool air to the Puter...:)

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
I love me DIY stuff. Looks messy but works for free hehe.

Recently upgraded CPU Cooler to this one below

dsc5905c.jpg

but then this happens

dsc5920w.jpg

:confused::confused:

Side case wasnt closing due to the size of the cooler.

A few hair loss scratching me head I came up with this solution to give me pc more o2

img20110630151558.jpg

img20110630152521.jpg

img20110630153348.jpg

With another 120mm case fan lying around I fixed it to the frontside using cable ties.

img20110630144048.jpg

All set and ready hehe

img20110630152757.jpg

Few degrees dropped by doing this.

Thought of sharing my adventure lol.

Interesting way of doing things, did you move the PSU to where it is in the photo, or is that stock placement of it? Also, what does that do for airflow? Do you have it moving from one direction to another? For instance, does the air come into the case from the side and exit the front? I ask because with airflow moving in a single direction with the hotter components being hit first, you can increase the efficiency of your cooling solution. Also cable management helps by moving cables out of the way of the airflow so that there isn't anything in the way to block it.

PSU is at the back Jim, the one you see at the bottom on the front side is HDD area with fan. It wasnt pulling in enough air. Before today I had front fan intake and bottom case intake, both being 120mm size fans also 240mm side fan which with the new cooler fitted it being to high. Had to improvise so I took it to the outside. I also have 3x120mm fans top of case to get rid of warm air and 1x120mm rear of case.

Tried cable management but the best for that I think is to go with a modular PSU(cant afford one yet).

Nice clean looking kit, Abdul...

You could, of course, try the oil system :)

The future of heat transfer should be of less consideration with the work of Marko Rodin. His Vortex maths model is of keen interest to many large institutes of which NASA and Microsoft are but two. Look in particular for the coils designed in his name for a little insight.

...Ray..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back