DIY: Moving HUD to center of triple screen setup

So after a some frustration with the hud displays being far left and far right on my triple screens, i decided to edit the hud.json.

You can find hud.json @ This Pc / Documents/ Assetto Corsa Competizione/ Config

I am NO expert in editing these type files, but I opened the .json file with notepad, made changes, and then saved. I also copied the original before I started messing around. You might wanna do this too.

I only edited "safezoneLeft" and "safezoneRight". They where both initially set to 20. As you can see, what worked for me was setting them both to 1400. Here is a copy of how mine looked once all the huds displayes where on my center screen.

{
"safezoneLeft": 1400,
"safezoneTop": 15,
"safezoneRight": 1400,
"safezoneBottom": 15,
"raceNotificationsVisible": 1,
"ratingWidgetVisible": 1,
"ratingSensitiveWidgetVisibility": false,
"basicCarInfoVisible": 1,
"sysPerformanceVisible": 1,
"electronicsVisible": 1,
"hotlapStandingVisible": 1,
"laptimeInfo01Visible": 1,
"leaderboardVisible": 1,
"trackMapVisible": 1,
"raceDirectorInvestigationVisible": 1,
"raceRealtimeStandingVisible": 1,
"raceStandingVisible": 1,
"radarVisible": 1,
"sessionInfoVisible": 1,
"tyreTemps01Visible": 1,
"timeLeftWidgetVisible": 1,
"wrongWayVisible": 1,
"virtualMirrorVisible": 1,
"proximityIndicatorsVisible": 1
}

NOW...ALL THAT SAID

If you know how to adjust the spacing or sizing of any of the other displays or menus, let me know. Presently I find the leader boards get in the way for me, so its still not perfect. so if someone knows how....by all means let me know.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Thx for this. I'm on a 49" screen 3840x1080 (was on triple screen before and never go back) and it's also working for single monitor. I hope we will get something like in Pcars2 to move hud elements.

Thanks for this. This worked for me on my NVIDIA Surround 6000x1080 setup.

For what it's worth, I used this calculation:

(1920px Single Monitor Width) + (((6000px Bezel Corrected Surround Width) - (1920px * 3 Monitors)) / 2 Bezel Divisions) + 40px Padding

Or,

1920 + ((6000 - 5760) / 2) + 40 = 2080

This effectively gives you an offset from the left/right + some padding to offset the hud into your center screen.

Thx for this. I'm on a 49" screen 3840x1080 (was on triple screen before and never go back)

Hey GTsimu, did I understand you correctly - you would never go back to the triple monitors? Does the 49 inch single monitor give you the same amount of view to the sides of the car as the triple view used to?

I've been thinking about going to a single ultra wide for a while , but have been too worried that I would lose some of that extra view each side.

Thanks...until they (hopefully) add proper triple support, this will have to do. With my settings with Nvidia surround resolution of 5856 x 1080, a value of 1970 worked well for me.

The fisheye effect is still a bit jarring in the Lambo (especially during turn-in)...however on the Bentley it's not so bad since the sides of the virtual racing seat blocks the view on the extreme left and right.

I have never had triples so cant compare, but I have had a 49 inch super ultra wide Samsung for a few weeks now. I absolutely love it. I understand that the FOV is not as wide as it would be with triples but it’s still pretty great. It’s also “only” 1080 rather than 4K. But it looks crisp and smooth.

I guess I’m a little lazy - I don’t want the hassles of setting up triples, nor do i want to stress my hardware running three screens or loads of pixels in 4K. Personally I think an HD 49” is an excellent compromise for simracing.

I would say that in ACC (or in other sims where you’re driving a closed cockpit car)then the FOV is not going to be wide enough to see both wing mirrors, so you have to deal with that. But drive an open wheeler in Raceroom for example and you DO see both mirrors, with ease and it’s sublime. But in ACC it’s still pretty great, and I would not change it for anything else - but as soon as they add TrackIR support, I’ll be adding one of those as that has the potential to make it more or less perfect.

I have never had triples so cant compare, but I have had a 49 inch super ultra wide Samsung for a few weeks now. I absolutely love it. I understand that the FOV is not as wide as it would be with triples but it’s still pretty great. It’s also “only” 1080 rather than 4K. But it looks crisp and smooth.

I guess I’m a little lazy - I don’t want the hassles of setting up triples, nor do i want to stress my hardware running three screens or loads of pixels in 4K. Personally I think an HD 49” is an excellent compromise for simracing.

I would say that in ACC (or in other sims where you’re driving a closed cockpit car)then the FOV is not going to be wide enough to see both wing mirrors, so you have to deal with that. But drive an open wheeler in Raceroom for example and you DO see both mirrors, with ease and it’s sublime. But in ACC it’s still pretty great, and I would not change it for anything else - but as soon as they add TrackIR support, I’ll be adding one of those as that has the potential to make it more or less perfect.
Thanks man. I’ve already ordered mine!

So after a some frustration with the hud displays being far left and far right on my triple screens, i decided to edit the hud.json.

You can find hud.json @ This Pc / Documents/ Assetto Corsa Competizione/ Config

I am NO expert in editing these type files, but I opened the .json file with notepad, made changes, and then saved. I also copied the original before I started messing around. You might wanna do this too.

I only edited "safezoneLeft" and "safezoneRight". They where both initially set to 20. As you can see, what worked for me was setting them both to 1400. Here is a copy of how mine looked once all the huds displayes where on my center screen.

{
"safezoneLeft": 1400,
"safezoneTop": 15,
"safezoneRight": 1400,
"safezoneBottom": 15,
"raceNotificationsVisible": 1,
"ratingWidgetVisible": 1,
"ratingSensitiveWidgetVisibility": false,
"basicCarInfoVisible": 1,
"sysPerformanceVisible": 1,
"electronicsVisible": 1,
"hotlapStandingVisible": 1,
"laptimeInfo01Visible": 1,
"leaderboardVisible": 1,
"trackMapVisible": 1,
"raceDirectorInvestigationVisible": 1,
"raceRealtimeStandingVisible": 1,
"raceStandingVisible": 1,
"radarVisible": 1,
"sessionInfoVisible": 1,
"tyreTemps01Visible": 1,
"timeLeftWidgetVisible": 1,
"wrongWayVisible": 1,
"virtualMirrorVisible": 1,
"proximityIndicatorsVisible": 1
}

NOW...ALL THAT SAID

If you know how to adjust the spacing or sizing of any of the other displays or menus, let me know. Presently I find the leader boards get in the way for me, so its still not perfect. so if someone knows how....by all means let me know.

Good Luck
Thanks mate absolutely brilliant, I have triple 50” TVs,the hud has been driving me made ,I set mine both to 1900 well done

Prp tip: Extend those numbers and you can "swap" the left and right side around, same with the top/bottom of the ui too.

Been doing this for AGES (running joke in my Twitch channel) but always forget to do a tut for it when people ask. :D

This thread was very helpful, wish the option to move UI on triple setup was better documented in game :)

For reference, the values I'm using on 3x 32" 1440p monitors running 7760x1440:
safezoneLeft = 1450
safezoneRight = 1975

This results in:
- left half of HUD moves to the right side of left-most monitor,
- right half of HUD moves to the right side of center monitor,

I find this setup optimal :) Maybe someone else finds those values helpful.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back