Hi all. I've been working on a DIY steering wheel project for some months and now it's done so want to share my work. The wheel I made is inspired by Cosworth CCW MK2 which is mainly used in many LMP2 cars. I reckon all of you want to see the final product so here it is!:)
Cost report / Parts list can be found here
Download magnetic paddle shifter 3D files (.stl) here

All the links are for Japanese pages but most of them can be found in any countries.
The whole build only cost approximetely $300.
Thinking about selling data of the wheel for 3D print and laser cut (EDIT* The model was updated with better paddle shifter and side covers to hide all the mess inside. The price is now 30Euro.) Incase you’re interested, please contact me for further info (Dimentions need to be adjusted depending on buttons, encoders, display, Quick release you desire to use)
If you want a complete wheel, please contact me too.

NOTE: After building quite a few steering wheels, I though I should redesign this wheel fundamentally. The data and the complete wheel will be available soon. Thanks for your patience.

Photo 14-01-2019, 15 22 54.jpg

Photo 14-01-2019, 15 23 02.jpg

Photo 15-01-2019, 23 14 39.jpg

Last edited:
Haha no it's okay i can read a message in English I'm not so bad:whistling:. But Understand that your products are slightly out of my budget :whistling: (300€) but I go look every time your product to better understand how I should organize myself. But i'am on G29 logitech product is not like thrustmaster mechanics. I going to use the ams tutorial is more for beginners like me. I know I don't keep de easier choose but I crazy about diy and challenge ^^ thanks for your help. And no 19 years old is not old I'm just little bit younger than you...
(this message was write with out Google translate ;)

Yeah AMStudio's tutorials are the best you could find I reckon. From my experience, $300 for a DIY wheel is enough. You should be able to build a decent one for sure!
Your English is very good mate ;)

Upvote 0
that is impressive! and the pedals look good too... how far along are you with those?

There you go

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%