This will be a build focused thread, a continuation from the success of my previous thread containing a survey (many thanks for the overwhelming number of helpful responses!) for an A level technology project. The survey guided me towards building these pedals for the project which will ultimately end up in my own rig. I created this thread for a more accurate and focused title. For further context please click the link below:

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...t-in-sim-racing-hardware.149713/#post-2827670

PROGRESS! First evidence that these pedals are actually happening, I have laser cut a little protective enclosure for the PCB, made with 3mm acrylic, some aluminium spacers and some A2 stainless bolts. Looks neat, and the next job will be making up the hydraulic lines.
20181024_154121.jpg

Upvote 0
Cool stuff.
I have some questions for you
-Can you point me to the spring you are using for the clutch pedal?
-How you are going to read the pedal position in the clutch?
-Does the accelerator pedal spring is strong enough for you? I thought to buy this pedal, but i assumed i would need to add another spring to it.

Good work, and keep us updated

Tiago Viana

Upvote 0
Cool stuff.
I have some questions for you
-Can you point me to the spring you are using for the clutch pedal?
-How you are going to read the pedal position in the clutch?
-Does the accelerator pedal spring is strong enough for you? I thought to buy this pedal, but i assumed i would need to add another spring to it.

Good work, and keep us updated

Tiago Viana
Hi! Welcome to the thread. The spring (combined with the master cylinder return) gives about 15KG of resistance at the pedal on full depression, it is a Very Light Load ISO Die Spring, machine quality and my one is rated for about 900N. I machined the retainers either side with a lathe. Pedal position will be measured by a 500PSI sensor on the master cylinder, going to a Leo Bodnar 16Bit board. The master cylinder only has air in it, so it will be air pressure inside the cylinder that is measured. The throttle is very light, usable but I may purchase the ricmotech auxillary spring for it after I have actually driven with this set. However the pedal is very nice, and I would recommend it.

The MDF baseboard is temporary and I am laser cutting evolutions until I find the perfect layout, and then I will machine/laser cut an aluminium base.

Upvote 0
After a lot of work and R&D, the pedals are finished! I will make a few small tweaks here and there, but otherwise I am extremely happy with the outcome. There was a failure on the last master and slave cylinder however, which is why the slave is mounted on a 3D printed bracket and is now Wilwood.
20190419_120516.jpg
20190419_120506.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline