DIY G25 Brakemod by none other than....

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
So yesterday I was at staples and saw these eraser for sale at 1 quid for 4. Made the adjustments and installed the load cell lol. Shaved more than 6 tenths in iRacing from my previous PB. Off to car spare store for a more.durable rubber

This mod really works.

Attachments

• 5043656775_19871a91a4_b.jpg
    5043656775_19871a91a4_b.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 941
LOL isn`t that for hanging the exhaust from??

Excellent use of real car parts!! :)

Should be durable enough too as they have to withstand a hell of a hammering.

Why hasn`t that been tried before!? :)

Upvote 0
Guys guys guys

DIY Load Cell for G25 update v2 :)

imag0180x.jpg

imag0195b.jpg

You want a load cell for cheap go to a garage near you for something similar to the one posted above. Works like magic. Get the sharp knives like the one pictured below(trust me this rubber is tough). I slam the brakes and car gradually comes to a stop without a hint of lockup. Need to modify my office chair to stay in place now LOL.

Oxford eraser's state after just 1 hour test last night(or 4am today lol)

imag0186o.jpg

imag0189o.jpg

imag0193p.jpg

New DIY load cell getting paired with the brake

imag0196ro.jpg

imag0200qk.jpg

Give it a try guys.

Upvote 0
I did it with the eraser a while ago and got the same end product as yours. Never got around to finding a suitable substitue. My bikes in for MOT next week so Ill see what I can scupper.

btw on the office chair front I have 3 lengths of 3x2 fixed in a triangle under the base to hold the wheels off the floor. Simple and effective and you get your wheels back when your not racing ;)

Upvote 0
This mod works!!!!!!

I have improved my braking and laptimes by 100%. I mean its like night n day if compared to the standard brake pedal for G25. Takes a few laps to get comfortable with the different feeling of braking after years using the standard brake pedal. Never going back to default now. I have to force my wheels to lockup now!!!

Upvote 0
Nice mod Abdul! Does this mean you are going to lap me even more times per race now! What length did you use for the rubber? I notice it looks a little shorter than the eraser you had in there.

Lol. It's even smaller now coz the stress required for this rubber is very strong. My size is 2.5cm long and 1cm wide.

Awaits the ensuing jokes if u geddit.

Upvote 0
I'll remove the rubber today and take pictures of its condition after hours of testing. I had a race which lasted close to 40mins. Not even once did I lockup.

Abdul,

What car was the exhaust hanger from, Does that give you more progressive braking? I guess that you're now running brake pressures at 100% in the dry, what's the callibration changes on the g25 like?

Upvote 0
Abdul,

What car was the exhaust hanger from, Does that give you more progressive braking? I guess that you're now running brake pressures at 100% in the dry, what's the callibration changes on the g25 like?

Willie, any car should have one that is tough as this one. I didn't touch calibration screen as I am still getting 100% reading by pressing the pedal much harder. think of Nixim mod but for free. And works just as good or maybe better since the rubber is unlikely to degrade anytime soon.

Upvote 0
dsc4050.jpg

dsc4051j.jpg

That is after hundreds of laps using the brakes to the max threshold just before locking up the wheels. Not a hint of degradation. Second pic you can just about see the circle mark from the bottom side of the brake pedal.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years