F1 2010 DIY F1 Cockpit (office desk F1 cockpit)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I love to see people who use a F1 replica car with some big screens at home to play F1 2010 or other F1 racing games. I can't afford to buy these items, nor do I have a free room or enough space at home. I play F1 2010 on my office desk, but I wanted to have a good-looking F1 cockpit, or something that comes near to the real thing.

So, I wrapped my wooden office desk with carbon look plastic and made some investments: an Auto Style racing seat (that has been mounted on an office desk chair base), a 32" led TV-screen and a handmade F1 racing wheel made by Zeljko Roso (mounted on a Logitech G27).

I am really happy with the result and very proud to add some pictures of my home office desk F1 cockpit. Furthermore I would like people who use a desk office or table to play F1 2010 and made their own DIY cockpit lookalike to post pictures of it. Maybe some of them can give me and others some new ideas to improve the looks.

Thanks!

F1ME01SM.jpg

F1ME02SM.jpg

F1ME03SM.jpg

Yep. 12 buttons and 7 of 8 rotary switches can be programmed. I use half of the buttons directly related to the game and all others as a keyboard function. 3 rotary switches are in use by the SLI-PRO (brightness adjustment of the leds, left led display and right led display. Click this picture:

F1ME03.jpg

I would actually hack my left foot off with a rusty spoon to get one of those Rosso wheels.

PS - from the video, it looks like you could use setting your G27 rotation config to 200degress - the movement of the Rosso doesnt match the wheel in the game.

The rotation is set to 190 degrees to better match the real rotation of a F1 steering wheel (186°).

Thing is - its not real! Its a game, therefore surely it is better to set your rotation to match that of the game you are controlling? Or does it cause problems when you are driving your real F1 car? :D

Fair enough, just thought (from a viewers point of view) which is obviously why you video'd yourself driving, that it looks better when the 2 wheels are doing the same thing.

Wicked setup, that wheel is to die for. Already thinking of the diplomatic angle to start working with on my wife. Thinking the fuel and tyre savings compared to real track days will be the opening gambit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back