DIY button box with RGB on budget.

Hi all
Just wanted to share my creation, maybe will give someone a good idea to copy. Button box made of numpad is ofcourse nothing new, but I play a lot at night and was looking for a way to make it more "for me" so I came up with this.

RGB mechanic numpad (23Eur) and set of 20 fully transparent keycaps from China (8Eur), can of black spray (in shed), label maker (in drawer) and voila.
I used stickers to cover 50% of top face of every key before painting, then sprayed all over, then removed it and applied labels

Looks great, works great, happy as pig in the mud :) Numpad software allow you to remap every key so with macros and key combinations it does exactly as it says on the tin.

Feel free to copy the idea or ignore it, whatever suits best :)

Capture0.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hi.

I just bought a numpad to use as a button box without thinking how to set it up :)
Can you explain how to use the buttons so they don’t act as regular keyboard buttons?
Thanks

Hi.

I just bought a numpad to use as a button box without thinking how to set it up :)
Can you explain how to use the buttons so they don’t act as regular keyboard buttons?
Thanks

Hi
to do that you need to use numpad that will allow you to use macros. The one I got, beside cool RGB, has its own software that allows to define key combinations instead of standard button assignment. Every key on my numpad has individual macro, CTRL+A for ABS+, CTRL+SHIFT+A for ABS- for example. Same with chat keys (blue ones) that oper chat first with ~ key, then put pre-defined message in CSP. You wont achieve this with standard 8euro worth numpad.
I can honestly recommend mine (look for MOTOSPEED K24 on Amazon) as its amazing value vs it possibilities and comes with dedicated software so you can define your own combinations as you please.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back