DIY Bass shakers for GT Omega Art?

Originally, I was going to purchase a Buttkicker Gamer 2. But I heard for that price, I can purchase 4 transducers, amps and sound card for about the same price and get a better experience?

Researching amazon, I see I have 2 options:
  • Dayton Audio TT25-8 for $18.44
  • AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro for $54.85
Anyone has any experience with the Daytons? Obviously, the price is nice, but will it give me that quality experience?

Haven't done research on amps or sound cards yet. Figured I should should choose transducers first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have that rig and two 50w Dayton shakers which look almost identical to the aura ones. I have them hooked up to a 150w Dayton amp and dedicated sound card.
I run it through Sim commander, one shaker is under the seat and one attached under the pedal plate.
It works very well, to the point where I can no longer race without them, they add so much feel.

Upvote 0
I have that rig and two 50w Dayton shakers which look almost identical to the aura ones. I have them hooked up to a 150w Dayton amp and dedicated sound card.
I run it through Sim commander, one shaker is under the seat and one attached under the pedal plate.
It works very well, to the point where I can no longer race without them, they add so much feel.

Appreciate the quick response. Did you purchase these products from Amazon as well? What made you stick with only 2 transducers instead of getting 4?

Upvote 0
Bought them in Australia, budget at the time kept me at 2, it would have meant 2 amps and four shakers, plus I am not very technical, just researching and trial and error stretched my skills, time was a factor too, just wanted something I could set up quickly as I don't have a lot of free time.
I am thinking of going for extra shakers when I get my new rig but to be honest i am more than happy with the effects I have now.

Upvote 0
This is what I use on a GT OMEGA Art rig (updated version) https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...wer-pro-tactile-bass-shaker-50-watts--295-244 I've been playing with the placement, but isolation is my main issue. Bass transducers will be somewhat of a trial and error for placement.

The amp I am using is this. https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dta-120-class-t-mini-amplifier-60-wpc--300-3800 I get more than enough of an effect. I am sure some would argue to get a higher powered one, but I need to be mindful of the low frequencies that travel in my place.

I am looking at mounting it to my seat as I did on my previous rig and the other right on my Fanatec 1.5 shifter.

Upvote 0
Is this bundle overkill? https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...1-bass-shakers-bundle--300-9020#lblProductQ&A

2 under pedals and 2 under seat?
For placement, should it be bass shaker on the left side of seat and right side of seat? Or front shaker then back?

That's a great setup. I don't it is overkill as you'll have some headroom to play with.

I didn't purchase a sound card as the GPU and Mobo were both handling audio duties. Thusly not requiring me to purchase a sound card.

Upvote 0
Fellow Aussie here, just wondering where you got your Dayton amp, did you get it shipped from the US. I've found the shaker from AU seller, but no amp.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years