Diver/Setup help needed please.

I made the mistake of Choosing the Porsche GT4 car for my first offline season (Silly me). I know I should have picked the Beemer or the Alpine... But I just love the look and history of this car. If I won the lottery there would be a Porsche GT3 Cup car in my garage... Anyway my big issue with it so far is from mid corner to exit. I get push and the front tires finally grab and I'm instantly into oversteer and then about 50 percent of the time the wall...... Anyone have any suggestions what I need to do to fix this. It wasn't so bad at Monza. But my 1st race of the weekend at Brands was a total disaster... Any and all help appreciated.

Could you maybe share a short video of the behaviour?
I am not sure I really get your point. This could be related to throttle input, steering input, brake input, downshifting.
Do you have previous experience with ACC prior to the Cayman or are you new to the sim?
If you're new to ACC and/or come from another sim the understanding of tyre behaviour may be non-straight forward.
Is it the same on safe and aggro setup?

From a first read I would think you are too fast on corner entry. You'll get oversteer until you scrub off speed enough until the tyres will gain grip again. Not sure if you're on the throttle again to oversteer immediately.

I have driven the Cayman GT4 briefly, but not with the current update on tyres and physics.
From the time I have driven the Cayman I got the impression it is very pointy on corner entry and can be a bit loose on the rear, but easily manageable. The new physics may magnify the oversteer issue as I've experienced from the GT3s.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back