Disecting AIW files

Which part of an AIW file is what?
In particular, which part is the Center Line, which part is the Fast Line & which part is the corridors?
Ive built a track where the path continually crosses itself (deliberately) & early versions that had minimal 'pins' or 'anchors' & the cars raced quite smoothly if a little inaccurately & the more accuratly I try to pake the path by placing more 'pins' in BTB the more erratically the AI drive....
My next question is; Why is this so?
As I understand BTB AIW Editor, it's the lines in BTB that create the Centerline & Fastline so the number of 'pins' holding it down shouldn't matter, should it?
Lastly, is there some other way of building AIW files MANUALLY (by hand) rather than by driving, such as the rF AIW/CAM tool?
I've got a 'time trial'/destruction derby track that would be ready to MAS pack & release if it wasn't for trying to make a decent AIW.....

Ive got the centerline spot on I believe & most of the fast path too, it's just at most of the cross-over points of the fast path it suddenly snaps off & joins another part of the fast path for a way point or 2 before coming back to where it should be....
The links above in post #7 show whats happened.....
Here's another close-up of the problem but in Guitarman AIW editor;http://www.mediafire.com/i/?a8soo7gg6sw4pru
Can this program correct this problem?
Not only is it a very confusing program to use, but Im not very good with computers!
Thanks for any & all help guys....

(Edit: Sorry about the download but Im having a LOT of trouble just getting photo's onto RD since the "Upgrade"!)

I remember someone having problems with crossing AIWs with bridges, track over track, so I made a small track with 3 cross over points.
The first time I made sure the line nodes were not clumped over a crossing point and the AI cars didn't blink an eye.
The second time I clumped the nodes at the crossing points and the AI were always braking at that point.
I dont know if you have room to keep nodes apart but it should help.
Apart from that, the fast line markings where fine

Does anyone know if you can add pit-lane paths to pit-boxes for the AI using Guitermaen's "RF_AIW_CAM_EDIT_4.22"?

For one of the tracks I downloaded, the AI cannot pull into the pit-box because no path is defined.

I tried added a way-point to the pit-box but it moved the existing pit-lane path as opposed to creating a new path to the pit-box. Does Guitermaen's program have the functionality I need? The 2nd image is an example of how the pit-lane should look.

1669759333718.png

1669759342159.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back