Disc glow upload error with the Maserati mod

Hi,

Can someone please help me out here with the maserati? The car doesn't load, it keeps coming up with a disc glow upload error. I have re-installed my entire game and uninstalled and re-installed my mods, and I have downloaded this mod numerous times, and the car still keeps giving the same error. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,
Xavier

Hey M8,

I never had this problem with the Maserati v1.7, I had with 1.5 (if I remember correctly). The DISCGLOW.DDS is inside the MaseratiGT_Cup.mas file which can be found ..\RFACTOR2\Data\Installed\Vehicles\MaseratiGT_Cup\1.7 directory.

Can you check this thu starting the mas2.exe and open the file mas file above mentioned?
What is the exact error?

Here you find the discglow.dds:
discglow.jpg

It should be inside the: MaseratiGT_Cup.MAS file else I can understand the error message.

Besides the discglow.dds there are also GT4_LFDISCGLOW.GMT, GT4_RFDISCGLOW.GMT, GT4_LRDISCGLOW.GMT and GT4_RRDISCGLOW.GMT

The GMT files are the 3D file with the information about it's material and shape, but also with which material "picure" it is done. Standard it looks for a BMP file when it cannot find the real file, in this case the discglow.dds.

Did you ever had an other (old) install location for rFactor2? So the game looks in the wrong (old) location? Did you ever had one of the older version of the Maserati?

It is just strange that the game cannot find the file which is just there....

Ok, thanks as well Ian :)
Xavier, stop the downloading it wont solve the problem. I recreated the problem for myself.

I started the Maserati before with everything on high settings with no problems, just like the settings Stefan has, I figured lets test with everything low (I could remember I once had troubles running it), and indeed I got the same messages you had.

So play around with the settings to get the car to work. perhaps it's car details or one of the other settings, that I don't know.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back