Disassembling G920 Pedals - what size allen key is needed?

D

Deleted member 265787

• Deleted member 265787

I have a problem with spiking pedals on my G920 (throttle and clutch). The wheel is out of warranty so I decided to take the pedals apart and clean the pots to see if it would help. Before I start, though, I noticed while watching a guide that there is an bolt going through part of the pedal and on one side, there is an allen nut. I have no idea what size it is, so before disassembling I want to make sure I have the necessary tools (i don't have a multi size allen wrench) to do the job.

So, the question is, what size is that nut? I have also uploaded pics to show which bolt I am talking about (the one that goes through the red part laterally)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.png
    2.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 135
I can only tell you for the G25 with certainty, but I don't think they ever changed that for the successors.
The bolt has a 5mm allen head and the nut is a M6 self-locking hex nut with a wrench size of 10mm. I'm guessing you already have the 2.5mm allen wrench to remove the pedal plates (otherwise you won't get them thought the upper part of the housing)?
To clean the pots you ideally use some dedicated electrical/contact cleaner or isopropyl. Don't use the standard WD40 or similar stuff.

Upvote 0
Just a little advice as I had trouble with this my first time but, pay close attention to the orientation of the gear set that connects the pedal to the pot before you disassemble. I had a fun time trying to figure that one out the first time.

Oh and note which of the three wires, go where.

Alcohol is good for cleaning the pots.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 265787

Just a little advice as I had trouble with this my first time but, pay close attention to the orientation of the gear set that connects the pedal to the pot before you disassemble. I had a fun time trying to figure that one out the first time.

Oh and note which of the three wires, go where.

Alcohol is good for cleaning the pots.
Do you mean this part?

Attachments

• 1627296426310.png
    1627296426310.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
Do yourself a favour and get some HAL sensors. I got some from spain in the end. Not easy to find though but worth it. No more cleaning
Easy to make if you have a 3d printer, can find the sensors online a farnel etc

Reactions: ~cw
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back