Disappointed with S3's support.

Fabio Rodrigues

Reiza Studios Community Manager
I haven't been able to load Zolder since the last update before Christmas. I used the in-game help system to send a ticket to S3. That was on December 18th. I got an automated message saying that I would be contacted "shortly".

I was never contacted. I sent another email to S3 on December 22nd, and that one was simply ignored, not even an automated reply. I still cannot load Zolder. Whenever I try, I get booted back to the main menu with a "content server error" message.

I have a slight suspicion that there might be some kind of mismatch with the "European Track Pack". I acquired Zolder when I bought that track pack in November or so (can't remember exactly when). It was the only track of the pack I didn't already own (because of other packs I had bought). Due to R3E's somewhat weird pricing system, it was much cheaper for me to buy the track pack just for Zolder than to simply buy Zolder itself.

The thing is, right now the European Track Pack is different, since it includes Moscow and Hungaroring. I don't own this latest one, only the previous one. So perhaps the game thinks that I own Zolder (it shows clearly as "owned" in the game), but maybe that I don't own it at the same time (since I don't "own" the track pack anymore)?

I don't know. S3's support has been no help whatsoever. I'm not posting this simply to criticize the game (I do enjoy R3E, even though I strongly disagree with its pricing model, but that's another discussion). I'm posting this because I know S3 members read this forum, and hopefully one of them can help.

I must say, I don't feel "ripped off" I wanted to get those three tracks, eventually, this bug/error/conflict just hastened my decision. Now, some would say that it seems sneaky but I don't believe there was anything intentional by S3, just a funky digital coincidence. I mean that sincerely.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not intentional (and I hope I never implied otherwise). Still, it needs to be fixed: buying the current pack is just a workaround, since the issue will most likely happen again whenever they add more tracks to the pack.

It's also a consequence of R3E's weird pricing model - buying a heavily discounted "track pack" just for one track is cheaper than simply buying the same track outside of the pack. So another solution would be to match the single track's price.

@Jay Ekkel : It's completely understandable that the issue won't be solved right away, given S3's current situation (moving, holidays and whatnot). It doesn't really bother me in the slightest. However, what if my issue was more serious (something was keeping me from playing altogether, etc.) and/or I didn't have knowledge of sites such as RD? What if I were just an "average customer" on Steam that had no idea regarding the upheaval at S3? Then waiting more than 10 days for a support reply would be pretty much unacceptable and would erode whatever trust I had in the game/company. And that's pretty serious.

So I do hope you guys can quickly get your support team at full steam again, because right now it might be costing you customers and future business.

One complaint: The lag spike when people join the race is horrible. It ruins a lap if you're out on the circuit. I'm sure that it's being worked on.

Thats an old issue back in the GTR days, which back then they made it so you couldnt join during qualifying to help with that but then of course cant join/miss out on the race. I think they should make the practice sessions longer.

Thats an old issue back in the GTR days, which back then they made it so you couldnt join during qualifying to help with that but then of course cant join/miss out on the race. I think they should make the practice sessions longer.
would be nice to have a race 07 like sistem where you have to pit to load other players insted of being already loaded...

Buy the remaining tracks. The problem will go away. I had to buy the remaining 3 tracks that were added to the Euro track pack ( slovakiaring, ascending and Moscow). As soon as I did that my issues went away. I was planning on getting them anyway. This issue just hastened my decision. BTW, the tracks were heavily discounted since I had most of the other content anyway. I think it totaled to about $7 US. Not bad.

I'm sorry. I get what your saying but I guess I didn't explain myself correctly. Or maybe your experience is different from mine.

I had the original Euro pack. Then S3 re-did the Euro pack and included Sachsenring, Slovakiaring and Moscow. When they did that I started to have problems loading the Euro tracks I already had. I couldn't get in a SP or MP race to save my life. So, I went ahead and bought the Euro pack again but S3 only charged the equivalent of what the 3 new tracks would cost (essentially, a heavily discounted track pack). Once I did that, viola! The connection problem stopped and I could load the tracks. I was guessing that this is what you may be experiencing. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm sorry. I get what your saying but I guess I didn't explain myself correctly. Or maybe your experience is different from mine.

I had the original Euro pack. Then S3 re-did the Euro pack and included Sachsenring, Slovakiaring and Moscow. When they did that I started to have problems loading the Euro tracks I already had. I couldn't get in a SP or MP race to save my life. So, I went ahead and bought the Euro pack again but S3 only charged the equivalent of what the 3 new tracks would cost (essentially, a heavily discounted track pack). Once I did that, viola! The connection problem stopped and I could load the tracks. I was guessing that this is what you may be experiencing. Sorry for the confusion.

I see what you mean. I wasn't meaning to come off as harsh or anything, if that is how my last statement came off. I was just stating what my issue was with it :)

Although I give, and will give, S3 hall passes for bugs, this is an annoying one since it is over the holidays...with the added mp issue.

but blah, blah, blah :)

Last edited:
Sorry to drag this topic back up again but just wanted to mention that since the last hot fix Zolder is now working for me with any car combination.

So if you have been having any track loading problems give it another go and see if this new hot fix has worked for you as well.

Jason.

Sorry to drag this topic back up again but just wanted to mention that since the last hot fix Zolder is now working for me with any car combination.

So if you have been having any track loading problems give it another go and see if this new hot fix has worked for you as well.

Jason.

Oh wow, thanks! I didn't even notice there was a hotfix, and had resigned myself to wait for the next major patch. Well, I guess tomorrow I'm having a race or three at Zolder :D

I dont know why i decided to try Zolder again after the small hot fix that was released as it only mentioned about the Fanatec competition fix.

But i am glad i did as i have had some great races with the AI using the BMW Pro car and whats better news is that it seems to be a general fix with you guys also getting to race on tracks that did not load before.

Jason.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing