Disappointed with S3's support.

Fabio Rodrigues

Reiza Studios Community Manager
I haven't been able to load Zolder since the last update before Christmas. I used the in-game help system to send a ticket to S3. That was on December 18th. I got an automated message saying that I would be contacted "shortly".

I was never contacted. I sent another email to S3 on December 22nd, and that one was simply ignored, not even an automated reply. I still cannot load Zolder. Whenever I try, I get booted back to the main menu with a "content server error" message.

I have a slight suspicion that there might be some kind of mismatch with the "European Track Pack". I acquired Zolder when I bought that track pack in November or so (can't remember exactly when). It was the only track of the pack I didn't already own (because of other packs I had bought). Due to R3E's somewhat weird pricing system, it was much cheaper for me to buy the track pack just for Zolder than to simply buy Zolder itself.

The thing is, right now the European Track Pack is different, since it includes Moscow and Hungaroring. I don't own this latest one, only the previous one. So perhaps the game thinks that I own Zolder (it shows clearly as "owned" in the game), but maybe that I don't own it at the same time (since I don't "own" the track pack anymore)?

I don't know. S3's support has been no help whatsoever. I'm not posting this simply to criticize the game (I do enjoy R3E, even though I strongly disagree with its pricing model, but that's another discussion). I'm posting this because I know S3 members read this forum, and hopefully one of them can help.

That's not what I said, I was just conjecturing - I have no idea if my issue is really what I described.

ok, got it....you bought the first european pack, but not the 2nd and if you buy the 2nd, it should work again. there is another thread here, a guy bought the 2nd pack and it worked again.

So basically i would buy the 2nd pack, the latest pack and thats what works (hope i'm right, coz i intend to buy the sachsenring/sloviakraing which is in the pack).

Fabio Rodrigues

Reiza Studios Community Manager
@JayJayRaceinho : maybe that would work, but I'm not willing to spend any more money in this game until my original issue is solved, which I hope it's understandable. What happens if I buy the 2nd European pack, and then a few months later another one is released with a couple of new tracks, etc.? Would that mean I couldn't play Zolder *and* Sachsenring, etc.? I'd rather this issue was fixed.

Last edited:
y, it's not good to spend money to get a prob fixed on something you allready have spent money and doesn't work as intended :D

anyway, was just a summary for myself aswell this is most likely a upgrade-issue from the 1st pack and doesn't affect buying this pack now as first-timebuyer.

Its in our dev chat atm, but as mentioned above, its pretty silent in the office, besides us moving location most of the dev are away on holiday. So please don't expect an answer or solution come monday.

Seeing that you are not alone it sounds like a potential bug that needs resolving.

Jason Palmer

Sim Rig Racing
Premium
Mate don't worry about it to much over the holiday period i just posted so as to give you heads up this might be a general problem rather than a one off.

I am sure you will get it sorted and in the mean time i have plenty of other tracks to keep me busy.

Also when you mention buying the other tracks and it solved it, was that all the other tracks or just other Euro tracks.

Jason.

Its in our dev chat atm, but as mentioned above, its pretty silent in the office, besides us moving location most of the dev are away on holiday. So please don't expect an answer or solution come monday.

Seeing that you are not alone it sounds like a potential bug that needs resolving.

Yup, the same thing happened to me too. Definitely a bug.

Well, it's been covered but I'll describe it again. Especially since I missed it the first time it was pointed out.

I had purchased the original European Track Pack which DID NOT contain Slovakiaring, Sachsenring or Moscow.

After the update in mid-December (18th?) I could not get into SP or MP with certain tracks...i.e. Zolder, Hockenheim, etc. It would result in the "20103 Content Error":confused:

Yesterday, I re-purchased the revised/updated/current European Track Pack and these issues went away. ( It should be noted that the track pack was HEAVILY DISCOUNTED to reflect the fact that I already had all of the tracks except the three new ones). Last night I raced in MP and SP at a number of the Euro Tracks with only the usual delay. On each try I was able to enter, join the race and enjoy almost no lag.

So, I believe that the idea put forth thus far is pretty much the issue. Content Conflict of some sort.

I must say, I don't feel "ripped off" I wanted to get those three tracks, eventually, this bug/error/conflict just hastened my decision. Now, some would say that it seems sneaky but I don't believe there was anything intentional by S3, just a funky digital coincidence. I mean that sincerely.

Anyway, these cars are great! I would highly recommend them. I will just say this, test drive the Mustang last! Once you drive it you won't be able to stop!

One complaint: The lag spike when people join the race is horrible. It ruins a lap if you're out on the circuit. I'm sure that it's being worked on.

thanks S3!:thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%