Disadvantage for people on low graphics?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yesterday i was curious how the game looks on medium detail level (still good) and i noticed a very big difference with the high detail level setttings:

- there are no brakemarks on the tarmac in medium detail (at least not good visable)

Normally i use them to know where i should start braking before the corner. How do you guys know where to brake when you play it on medium?

yepp, but definetely the road dark signs helps a lot. I feel it, when i started to play with race i had to play it on minimum graphic setting, and i did not had any dark tyre marks in the braking zone. I practised like that, did not even know that i miss them. Then i upgraded my PC, could turn on higher setting, and with the marks on the road was immediately easier to find the right point to brake.

Now of cours it is alos a disadvantage, since i got used to it too much, and when the session is at that time, when there are tree shadows on the road, i usually miss my braking point for the first coupple of laps... lol (like Istanbul first left hand corner, it happens there usually, that tree shadows covering the track)

• Lars Gerrit Korb

I orientate on the tiremarks.
And I guess I will not try to experience how I would do without :)

Greetz

• Kubica

I use all the marks i can find 100 m signs colors on the wall If somone hit the sign i sometimes will miss my brakepoint : ) Sometimes i use the RPM indicator to brake (1st corner in Istanbul = brake on the moment i Shuld shift to 6th)

• markuzjuniuz

Neo[RPM];54250 said:
yepp, but definetely the road dark signs helps a lot. I feel it, when i started to play with race i had to play it on minimum graphic setting, and i did not had any dark tyre marks in the braking zone. I practised like that, did not even know that i miss them. Then i upgraded my PC, could turn on higher setting, and with the marks on the road was immediately easier to find the right point to brake.

Now of cours it is alos a disadvantage, since i got used to it too much, and when the session is at that time, when there are tree shadows on the road, i usually miss my braking point for the first coupple of laps... lol (like Istanbul first left hand corner, it happens there usually, that tree shadows covering the track)

I find the cockpit view so dark I need to pick other objects outside the track as braking guides. The dark parts are visible but they're so hard to notice when the action is on its peak, especially when overtaking.

• Anthalas

I use whatever detail I can find... like an orange tyre, a line on the road, the distance signs, trees...

I play on medium detail and it will be a while before I can upgrade my computer so I make do with what I got.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%