Dirty Old Town

Skins Dirty Old Town 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, first you need the original track "Fonteny" then you must copy/paste my file in your assetto corsa folder and enable it in Content Manager that's it, hope it will help you if you do not use CM (content manager), just tell, i will give you another way to use the mod without CM, have fun

What a good skin for this nice track ! Perfect for nicecuppa's cars, but this skin need some dust to be perfect ;) . So perhaps could you add this effect if it's possible, like on dirt track ?
Anyway, thanks for this skin. :thumbsup:

What a good skin for this nice track ! Perfect for nicecuppa's cars, but this skin need some dust to be perfect ;) . So perhaps could you add this effect if it's possible, like on dirt track ?
Anyway, thanks for this skin. :thumbsup:
HI, it is possible: in your fonteny folder, fonteny/fonteny/data/surface.ini
Open the surface.ini with a text reader like notepad, because it is just text, here you got:
[SURFACE_0]
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.98
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
etc

Set DIRT_ADDITIVE=1 (1 unsteed of 0) and you got dirt :)

Have fun! :)

Last edited:
Hello, juste some pics of Old Ladies :) with Dust on Fonteny Dirty Old Track.

Screenshot_bugatti_type_32_fonteny_17-3-121-18-16-26.jpg

Better to learn the track before driving, it's like with fog and so sleepy. The AI is so much better than you in this condition. :( but they also do mistakes ;):whistling:
Screenshot_legion_bugatti_type_51a_fonteny_17-3-121-17-56-46.jpg

Smoke generation on "Minimum" in AC-Video settings and "Uncheck" New smoke and dust in CM. Too much dust, even if better.

Screenshot_bugatti_type_32_fonteny_17-3-121-17-53-19.jpg

I will try the same with rain ??? I am not optimist ! I will seee soon.
Try this, it's very good, very tricky... I love.

Screenshot_bugatti_type_32_fonteny_17-3-121-17-55-31.jpg

Thanks again Pepperoni for the tips and the skin an big up for Fat Alfie.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great pics with the dust!

When I enabled the dust on mine I also changed:

WAV=

to:

WAV=gravel.wav

This is just the sound that a ROLLING wheel makes on the dirt surface. A spinning/sliding wheel will still make a sound like it is on pavement. I haven't worked out how to stop that yet. It is a very small change that I really only notice on slow corners etc, but I think it is a bit more atmospheric.

No, but I believe that if you alter the friction it will:

[SURFACE_0]
KEY=ROAD
FRICTION=0.98

Friction for grass on the same track is 0.88 and you won't want it that low, so maybe something like 0.94ish, I am going to try that myself. DAMPING, VIBRATION_GAIN and VIBRATION_LENGTH may also be worth playing with.

*Edit - Pepperoni beat me to it ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%