DiRT 4 Dirt4 is better than Dirt Rally...

Msportdan

@Simberia
after really looking at setting the car up... had some fun

quick summary

Set up the car to slide and drive the car to at the edge of its limit and D4 shines above Dirt rally! The ffb makes much more sense as does the physics, the cars feel like a real car now (not a paperweight) and it shows. I had my scooby sideways at oz in career, handling and soaking up jumps and love the car control under braking!

Talking of career, random changing weather, not scripted ai accidents, stopping at the marshall rather than pelting it at the finish to get a quick time... sorry this sounds more sim than that DR!

Dr was flawed ....this aint perfect but its the best rally solution we have, if you dont think RBR is gods gift of course!

Little bit of tweaking here and there and possibly a RBR beater maybe.!

IN SIM MODE OF COURSE!

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm i have both and wrc 7. just really getting into D4, DR is better on dirt and i seem to like the stages better.DR is lacking on asphalt whicch takes away 1/3 of the game. D4 repeats corners on stages but has the bettter presentation, rallyx,aphalt, but not dirt,(short track is done very well though) career mode is way better, crashes too, it feels like your in a rally because of better atmosphere. ffb is the same 4 me.some say d4 has too much grip some say DR not enough, D4 is meant to be more casual so comparing the 2 is a matter of what you want. i like both 4 different reasons.

i think WRC has the best stages in all titles so far, just only if you could move the seat so it seems your not sitting on the bonnet. The handling/ffb can feel pretty weird as well - you need springing damper on i think in that..

Shame just shame we cant have a modern day RBR.

Frustrated with rally games/sims atm it seems. Nothing does anything all well!

i think WRC has the best stages in all titles so far, just only if you could move the seat so it seems your not sitting on the bonnet. The handling/ffb can feel pretty weird as well - you need springing damper on i think in that..

Shame just shame we cant have a modern day RBR.

Frustrated with rally games/sims atm it seems. Nothing does anything all well!
i agree wrc has awesome stages the best and graphics esp but bad framerate even on x1x they should have a 60 fps setting with lesser fidelity, the ffb is weird i turn damping ffb off it laggs the wheel, when i get the ffb to feel good for some reason when i play again it feels wonky. hopefully they (Codemaster and Maximum Games) will get it together tire physic is very difficult in general must be a nightmare to model multiplle surfaces.

Wrc could be good if they sort that boat like handling at the wheel and the pretty dead ffb. Why these rally sims need to rely on damper and spring for is beyond me.. yes I'm looking at you DR to!

couldn't agree more, just done the "el chocolate" mexico stage in the wrc07 esport seeies and that stage is hands down the best i ever played in any rally game, and my memory goes back to mcrae02 :) just a shame the physics in wrc07 are a joke, you're floating on a plank rather than having four wheels on the ground. Feel-wise DR snow and gravel stages are the best atm for me while dirt04 has by far the best career mode but the ultra-repetitive stages made me stop playing after 60 hours or so. so:
rbr physics, wrc stages and dirt04 career mode would be my best mix atm. here's hoping for a dirt rally02 that does all this.

couldn't agree more, just done the "el chocolate" mexico stage in the wrc07 esport seeies and that stage is hands down the best i ever played in any rally game, and my memory goes back to mcrae02 :) just a shame the physics in wrc07 are a joke, you're floating on a plank rather than having four wheels on the ground. Feel-wise DR snow and gravel stages are the best atm for me while dirt04 has by far the best career mode but the ultra-repetitive stages made me stop playing after 60 hours or so. so:
rbr physics, wrc stages and dirt04 career mode would be my best mix atm. here's hoping for a dirt rally02 that does all this.

don't HOPE THEY WILL NOT DO IT!

Honestly if you think Dirt 4 is better than Dirt Rally you need your head looking at.

Dirt 4 is basically about 20 corners thrown into one stage numerous times to make a very low content game last far longer than it needs to in career mode, and sadly the takes the edge off the game as the rest of it is good fun and a proper Dirt arcade style game.

I would think the completion time for this ought to be about 20 hours, yet it will be about 60 because in the latter stages of the career mode you literally have to take about an hour to complete one event, and you have to complete 5 or 6 for a series, and do this umpteen times. It is self enforced grinding, because they could not be arsed to give more content or more RX tracks for instance.

I have done stages that take you 10 bloody minutes, all with the same 5 or 6 corner types endlessly looping.

This is a very average game, whereas DR is by far and away the best rally sim ever made (inc RBR which you need to be a total nerd to even play and download nowadays)

A 4/10 game at bets, and never, ever worth any more than bargain bin price. They were stealing from you charging 30 quid or more for this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%