DiRT Telemetry Tool and Input Display - by Cortextual

DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Telemetry Tool and Input Display - by Cortextual 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Cortextual submitted a new resource:

DiRT Telemetry Tool and Input Display - by Cortextual - Telemetry Tool and Input Display for the DiRT Rally Games

Greetings you filth-peddling dirt mongers.

I noticed quite a few people are still using this tool in DiRT Rally 2. Though there are more comprehensive solutions out there it seems some still prefer the simplicity of this app for use specifically with the DiRT Rally games. So I thought I would make some small updates to the app and upload it in the DiRT Rally 2.0 section as well as the original DiRT Rally one. The update includes borderless and always-on-top functionality, which previously...

Read more about this resource...

Cortextual updated DiRT Telemetry Tool and Input Display - by Cortextual with a new update entry:

Update 1.5

- Added imperial / metric option.
- Changed rev meter calculation to use max revs info available in DR2, so it doesn’t need to figure out revs for each car, as it used to in DR. If it can’t get this info it will still have to work it out on the fly the first time you rev the engine. Requires extradata = 3 in hardwareconfig.xml
- Changed suspension sliders to adapt to each car. Should now provide an accurate range of compression and extension for all cars. If extradata=3 isn’t set it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this tool.

1. This is a wishlist feature, not sure if you can implement it. I would like to see a configurable shift light, per car. May not want to shift all cars at the red line. Maybe even as simple as a round patch that lights up at the pre-defined RPM per car.
  2. A way to drop opacity of the black patch background.
  3. The black patch extends more to the bottom. (atleast in FULL with UI scale at 50%)

Thanks for this tool.

1. This is a wishlist feature, not sure if you can implement it. I would like to see a configurable shift light, per car. May not want to shift all cars at the red line. Maybe even as simple as a round patch that lights up at the pre-defined RPM per car.
  2. A way to drop opacity of the black patch background.
  3. The black patch extends more to the bottom. (atleast in FULL with UI scale at 50%)

Hey thanks for your review and suggestions. I've taken a look at the issue you mention with the black extending on lower UI scales and it is an issue with the minimum allowed size of the window, I didn't notice it before but I will be uploading a fix for a couple issues soon and the minimum size will be 75% from then on, which will fix the problem. I hope that doesn't cause too much inconvenience.

As far as the shift light, I agree it would be more useful to have it change per car. The problem is that the udp data doesn't include car info, so I would need to detect each car using something like the max rpms and then customise it for each which I'm not willing to do at the moment.

I would also love to include transparency, and I have been trying to figure out a way but the control library I'm using doesn't support it so it would be quite difficult.

I'm sorry I can't address all the issues you mentioned. Hope it still proves useful.

Nó worries.
About the minimum size, I race without the HUD in the cockpit view and have been using this as a replacement for the HUD. Which is why I found the 50% useful since its tiny enough to remain at the top of the screen without reducing the immersion. But I think your major users are streamers probably.

Cortextual updated DiRT Telemetry Tool and Input Display - by Cortextual with a new update entry:

Update 1.6

Sorry for the frequent updates, a crash turned up that I have hopefully fixed now. I added some optional wheel lock indicators to make having to download it more palatable.

- Fixed occasional crash occurring when game was started before this app.
- Added Wheel Lock indicators.
- Tuned G Ball.
- Improved window dragging functionality in borderless mode.
- Tool should now retain previous run time, average / max speeds and distance after stage ends.

Update 1.6

Sorry for the frequent updates, a crash turned up that I have hopefully fixed now. I added some optional wheel lock indicators to make having to download it more palatable.

- Fixed occasional crash occurring when game was started before this app.
- Added Wheel Lock indicators. Extreme suspension compression is now coloured orange to differentiate from the red of the wheel lock indicators at a glance.
- Tuned G Ball.
- Improved window dragging functionality in borderless mode.
- Tool should...

The telemetry tool itself seems to be working fine. My only problem is that the tool stays on top of all the other windows that I have open on my desktop, but it won't show on top of my Dirt Rally 2.0 window/screen. I have changed the hardware config file as instructed. I wonder, why I cannot get this app to work. I have used another telemetry tool with Dirt Rally 2.0 "DR2 Dashboard", which was posted here in Racedepartment already some time ago. That one works without any problems.

Hey thanks for your review and suggestions. I've taken a look at the issue you mention with the black extending on lower UI scales and it is an issue with the minimum allowed size of the window, I didn't notice it before but I will be uploading a fix for a couple issues soon and the minimum size will be 75% from then on, which will fix the problem. I hope that doesn't cause too much inconvenience.

As far as the shift light, I agree it would be more useful to have it change per car. The problem is that the udp data doesn't include car info, so I would need to detect each car using something like the max rpms and then customise it for each which I'm not willing to do at the moment.

I would also love to include transparency, and I have been trying to figure out a way but the control library I'm using doesn't support it so it would be quite difficult.

I'm sorry I can't address all the issues you mentioned. Hope it still proves useful.

Settings are a bit difficult to read on 4K+ Desktop, if you could look into scaling options would be nice

This is fantastic. I don't suppose you have given any consideration as to whether VR support is doable? Can it be injected into the existing stream somehow?

* SOLVED NEED TO SERUP BORDELESS

Hi I just got some problem after installing this mod it says
Already add the folder on the steam folder and change the value as instruction

1617619256768.png

Last edited:
The telemetry tool itself seems to be working fine. My only problem is that the tool stays on top of all the other windows that I have open on my desktop, but it won't show on top of my Dirt Rally 2.0 window/screen. I have changed the hardware config file as instructed. I wonder, why I cannot get this app to work. I have used another telemetry tool with Dirt Rally 2.0 "DR2 Dashboard", which was posted here in Racedepartment already some time ago. That one works without any problems.
Hey, I don't know if this is still relevant for you. I had the same issue and I figured out that switching DR2.0 graphic settings from full screen to windowed borderless did the trick.

@Cortextual, thanks for this awesome piece of software :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years