DiRT Rally Dirt Rally: 'Tarmac Terrors' update released

DiRT-Rally_Peugeot-306-Maxi_2.jpg

Codemasters have released the latest update for Dirt Rally: Tarmac Terrors. The update brings 12 new stages, 5 new rally cars and a number of other updates and fixes.

"Month three of DiRT Rally and our next big update is now live. Version v.0.5 - more commonly known as the Tarmac Terrors update - has now been added to DiRT Rally; it’s fast paced, technical and is going to require all your focus. Here’s the full run down of what you can expect in this month’s update."

The update adds a number of new cars, and tarmac stages set in Germany:
  • 12 new rally stages based at Baumholder in Germany
  • Owners Club Online Events – A second DiRT Daily where you compete in your own car
  • A second weekly event where we’ll be experimenting and throwing new challenges at you
  • 5 new rally cars featuring new Group B RWD & Kit Car Classes
  • Opel Kadett GT/E 16v
  • Opel Manta 400
  • Lancia 037 Evo 2
  • Seat Ibiza Kitcar
  • Peugeot 306 Maxi
  • New calibration and options screens in “Advanced Wheel Settings” (added in v.0.4.5)
DiRT-Rally_Seat-Ibiza_1.jpg

Along with new features, Codies have been busy fixing a number of bugs.
  • Error 41 – Fixed instances of the game not booting when there is less than 2GB of free space on C:\ drive. This was one of the causes of the dreaded error 41.
  • Achievement – “Going up in the world” will now pop if you had previously purchased a Hillclimb car but not received the achievement.
  • Stability – Driving the Peugeot 405 T16 would sometimes cause stability issues, we’ve fixed those now.
  • Graphics – Quite a few changes for users running Nvidia SLI. That weird black and orange screen bug is fixed and we’ve solved the graphical corruption when using SLI and anti-aliasing on high/ultra graphical presets.
  • Audio – The engine audio level in cockpit view can now be properly controlled by the slider.
  • Gameplay – The reset button should appear sooner during those awkward moments when you beach your car at the side of the road. Though we advise not beaching your car.
  • Gameplay – Sometimes you could rev the engine so hard on the Audi Sport Quattro the “Recover vehicle” prompt would pop up, it won’t do that anymore.
  • Gameplay – We’ve planted some trees and shrubs in areas of Greece and Wales where we spotted that some of you were taking shortcuts. Taking some cuts in rally is cool but these cuts were definitely not cool.
  • Gameplay – Fixed a loophole which would let you continually repair your car in Online Hillclimb events.
  • Gameplay – Online Hillclimb events will now factor in slower times from Run 2 and they won’t overwrite faster times from Run 1.
  • Message box – Stopped the Promotion message box from incorrectly displaying when you have completed the Masters Championship and finished in the top 3 positions.
  • Save – Your advanced set ups should now save as expected
  • Oculus – Sometimes the background on the main menu would vanish, we’ve fixed that now.
  • Online Events – You’ll now be disqualified if you don’t start moving within a minute
  • Leagues – Made the text on the league screens easier to read on lower resolutions.
  • Audio – Pre-update your co-driver may have become a little disinterested if you left the centre of the track from time to time, we’ve spoken to him about his attitude.
  • Audio – Ever had two sets of music play over a replay? That’s not a remix version and it should stop happening from now on.
  • Controller Fix – Fixed an issue which meant players couldn’t change the stage conditions when using the Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel.
"To get the latest update you don’t need to do anything, simply fire up Steam and the full update should automatically download to your PC."

Are you excited for the new update? We sure are. Tell us your thoughts below.

They cannot find the root, they cannot just stop with other things while a couple of guys sit and go through the code to see what causes it.

And I totally agree with people lacking the mental capacity to understand early access. It is like ordering a new Ferrari, paying half a million upfront. They tell you it will take a few months and when you decide to go check the factory the next day (because you are silly), and see that they have built only the body shell and painted it... freak out and start complainig that you want a refund since that hunk of metal and carbon is obviously undrivable since it has nothing in it. OFCOURSE IT DOES NOT, IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.

Jesus.

nice to find a thread basically covering new stages and not much is said about: the new stages! aren't they fantastic? pretty much the best stages i have ever played in any rally game in the last 15 years, visuals, roadside-objects, track layout, length, it just all fits perfectly. Or is it just because I am German? As to no vineyard stages: I agree and disagree: Yes they are an integral part of rally Germany but so are the stages on that military exercise area which we have here. They decided to go for the other half this time, why not? would be fun to read about your favorite rally game stages (i personally really liked the australian ones in dirt and the finnish ones in mcrae 2005).

Oke, it's old Opel Manta in that video, full throttle and all Power used and I can't go much faster with that car. I know that there's issue with Pikes Peak cars, noticed that when the game released, must test that again. I'm not sure if Codemaster listed all issues they solved for latest fix but lets see if the issue still there. I will create new video later today...

What happened to that video ........................................................:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
And I totally agree with people lacking the mental capacity to understand early access. It is like ordering a new Ferrari, paying half a million upfront. They tell you it will take a few months and when you decide to go check the factory the next day (because you are silly), and see that they have built only the body shell and painted it... freak out and start complainig that you want a refund since that hunk of metal and carbon is obviously undrivable since it has nothing in it. OFCOURSE IT DOES NOT, IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.

While I agree some folks don't understand early access and complain at ridiculous things, these EA games are sold on the premise that you get to PLAY the game before it's complete. The ferrari is a pre-order - not the same thing. Therefore, I don't think it would be unreasonable to request a refund if the game does not run AT ALL as one poster here had to deal with.

There will be instances when the game will not work for some specific system configurations. Devs can do much to avoid it for the most part but there is still certain things that won't work for some people. Maybe my analogy wasn't the best but the point is that with the vigor he complained, it was unreasonable. Buy a finished pCars game for 50€, if THAT doesn't work, you can really say they have robbed you and want a refund. You have to to take EA with a pinch of salt. All in all nobody lost, he can re-buy the game when it's out and the problem is hopefully fixed.

There will be instances when the game will not work for some specific system configurations. Devs can do much to avoid it for the most part but there is still certain things that won't work for some people. Maybe my analogy wasn't the best but the point is that with the vigor he complained, it was unreasonable. Buy a finished pCars game for 50€, if THAT doesn't work, you can really say they have robbed you and want a refund. You have to to take EA with a pinch of salt. All in all nobody lost, he can re-buy the game when it's out and the problem is hopefully fixed.

Agreed, there will always be some config where it's just not going to work - I think even after beta, the best publishers will offer a refund in this type of case, as you note with pcars example. Yup, all's well that ends well :thumbsup:

I'm sorry if I seemed unreasonable but I have tried several forums to get help and all i have reviewed is abuse from those who's game is working. So I apologise if I was slightly annoyed by the whole thing

happened to me using my old wheel on pcars first couple of months, years ago. would not work at all. spoiled the whole fun of "watching while the guys develop the game" idea for me, never made it back into the game properly, haven't even bought it yet even though I was among the first to sign up back in the day. so, yes, all this early accessing and alpha stage testing and stuff can get a bit annoying. but then again: one was warned, wasn't one?

As a business software developer the EA on Steam etc makes me feel a bit smug, seeing as those rockstar game devs finally get to feel the pain that we have endured ever since consultants convinced the world that agile is a word you slap on anything then invite customers to openly dismiss your work without an ounce of technical backing, every week... That and catering to any demand, thus never finishing. "Agile is continuing forever man! Just pile on the backlogs! Even that accounting guy who wants the main screen to be garish pink in color as his no 1 request gets a say, it is the way of the future!"... Yeah! Suck it up gamedevs and share our hell for a bit :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back