DiRT Rally RFPE Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just drove BMW at overcast England stages, and I think there are way too little grip on damp gravel, I felt like with summer tires on the snow. At least there were waaaaay too little longitudinal grip, couldn't even pickup speed.

I agree. It’s a great mod but I’m still of the opinion that the loss of grip in 0.3 is too much.

If you drive gravel or asphalt in 0.2 and watch replays from heli-cam and track side, it could be YouTube footage of real rally cars. You can see the roll, pitch and yaw as the cars take the strain of the corners. They look like they have weight and are actually biting into the surface. When you compare that to 0.3, the cars actually behave and look like 2D models from a video game. They seem to glide over the surface without biting and are constantly twitching left and right on the central access. I dunno, one person says there is too much grip even in 0.3. I’d hate to try and drive these cars with even less grip.

Like I said, it’s a great mod but I do hope that the devs are not placing too much emphasis on drift based excitement and fun rather than realism.

I don't know, I haven't tried 0.2. But I find 0.3 very realistic in general, in some cases something is wrong though. I always report what I think is not right.

I'm not sure what you mean by "emphasis on drift based excitement and fun rather than realism." I think realism is most fun, so it can't be more fun and less realistic IMO :D

There are a lot of stuff to know, real life experience would be helpful... Not long ago I've heard from pro rally driver that asphalt rally in real life is actually very similar to RBR asphalt rally. Thats weird to me.

Some people prefer the ‘excitement’ of an un-realistic racing environment – Rally Drift, the original DIRT series, Ridge Racer are just a few which spring to mind. Not me though. And I’m not saying that’s what the OP is aiming for, quite clearly it isn't but the wildly exaggerated behavior of cars in those types of games appeal to certain people over the humdrum (by comparison) behavior of cars in more sim like games (RBR, Dirt Rally). What I was trying to say is that I hope that the devs would try to stay within the realms of realism rather than ‘sex it up’. Where there is no exaggerated drift, let it stay that there is no exaggerated drift. :laugh:

Wonderful mod which greatly improves the feel of the cars in my opinion. But unfortunately as soon as I install this mod, Dirt loses all progress I made during the game (finished stages etc.) after closing the application. After doing a repair with Steam all is working again as intended but the mod is of course gone. I already tried different workarounds I found on the net but none is working.

Wonderful mod which greatly improves the feel of the cars in my opinion. But unfortunately as soon as I install this mod, Dirt loses all progress I made during the game (finished stages etc.) after closing the application. After doing a repair with Steam all is working again as intended but the mod is of course gone. I already tried different workarounds I found on the net but none is working.
Nothing we can do about this issue. Is a security system implemented by Codemasters. If Steam detects that any game file was modify or altered it will "broke" your progresses. The same happen with the controller settings. Our advice is to only use our mod in single stage/rally mode and before installing the mod, configure all your controls properly. Like this, after you install the mod, the game should save your controller settings. It should ...

Excellent update again, thanks. Previous cars seem a bit less twitchy and more stable. Great to have a different batch of cars to choose from. Many thanks to all at Come Over Gaming.

Hi there, how are you progressing with this project ? :)

I just drove BMW at overcast England stages, and I think there are way too little grip on damp gravel, I felt like with summer tires on the snow. At least there were waaaaay too little longitudinal grip, couldn't even pickup speed.

Other than that car feels just amazing, very believable to me.

There is just one big downside with current dirt, it becaume extremely unstable with recent windows 10 updates, I saw that there were 1.23 patch for Dirt, but I don't think that it works, same issues... very annoying. If I can finish two stages then I'm lucky.

What else ? Looks like Dirt official forums are useless...

The summer tires on snow feels like the old "hey it's RWD, it shouldn't have any grip at all"-approach that's always been the case from game devs before.

That is one of the things I truly applaud Codemasters for, making RWD actually feel like a RWD car on proper competition tires that digs in to the surface. That's the first time in any sim/game I've actually felt that. Not perfect by any means, but nothing never is.

Thank you for a great mod!
What files and XML parameters do I need to change to have sounds of outside camera while using in cabin camera?
I hate sounds of metal and echo effects of in cabin camera so want to use clear sounds that you can hear while using view from the outside of the car.

Like this, after you install the mod, the game should save your controller settings. It should ...
After I install the mod All FFB and other settings changes are NOT saved and NOT restored after game restart.
1)The only solution is to do ALL needed settings before applying your mod?

Also for FFB at Thrustmaster I find this mod more realistic http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/force-feedback-mod-mashup.9833/
2) do you consider to try/use there settings ?
3) how can I use there FFB mod with your the rest from your mod?
4) I notice that you have different FFB files:
rfpe_ffb_dev.xml
rfpe_ffb_eff.xml
should I change forceFeedbackPaths.xml to point to my original files
<xml processor="GameFFB" filename="forcefeedback/devicesetup_v2.xml" map="UPDATE" pool="UPDATE_TEMPORARY" userdata="device"/>
<xml processor="GameFFB" filename="forcefeedback/effectsetup_v2.xml" map="UPDATE" pool="UPDATE_TEMPORARY" userdata="effect"/>

and this will be all i need to change to use my FFB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back