DiRT Rally Dirt Rally reaches version 1.0, console version incoming

Sweden_i20_2_R.jpg

Codemasters has announced that Dirt Rally is now complete with the addition of the Winter Wonderland pack, which brings some highly anticipated and very snowy content to the rally racing sim.

Dirt Rally caught everyone by surprised when it launched earlier in 2015, and rapidly affirmed itself as the most prominent current-gen rally simulator. According to the press release and Twitter page, the Winter Wonderland pack is now available, thus bringing the game to its complete status. Now the Codies team will focus on bringing Dirt Rally onto current-gen consoles, namely PS4 and Xbox One, which is slated to be completed and released April 5th, 2016.

Meanwhile, the Winter Wonderland pack adds the Sweden stages, set on the snowy and icy roads of Varmland. Two cars are included in the pack as well: players are now able to drive the Hyundai Rally and VW Polo Rally.

The latest update also adds Steam Workshop support that allows FFB settings and car setup sharing. You can find the full patch notes on the Steam page.

Check out the official launch trailer on our RaceTube section!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye, the proper studded tyres, on ice gives more grip than gravel tyres on dry gravel, so the grip is immense :)

And absolutely no offence, but I hope they keep the WRX license, that way we don't get too many "Global X-Games" tracks, some even on 100% asphalt :)

Correct, it took a hell of a lot convincing to get the game started, and even more to do it Early Access.

Bottom-line is I never really feel the urge to start this game up. Much like Assetto Corsa. I'd rather be messing around on iRacing or rFactor 2 or Stock Car Extreme.
I agree completely. Dirt Rally is a fantastic game, but at the same time I can't sit down and play it for hours on end. It wears on me quickly (which is both a good and bad thing). I love a hardcore simulation game, but there's something about this that still seems lacking. Perhaps it is the lack of content that we still have. At least with AC or rF2, I have 300+ cars and tracks to throw around

Ye, the proper studded tyres, on ice gives more grip than gravel tyres on dry gravel, so the grip is immense :)

And absolutely no offence, but I hope they keep the WRX license, that way we don't get too many "Global X-Games" tracks, some even on 100% asphalt :)

Correct, it took a hell of a lot convincing to get the game started, and even more to do it Early Access.
Yes, I've been to some Snowmobile, ATV & Motorcycle Ice races and the grip levels are amazing. I viewed some winter Rally stage videos online yesterday, again - amazing how fast they can go.

No offense taken here, I see Racing as a true Universal Sport totally transcending borders.:)
I only mentioned GRC because it's something our sat. channels offer; in either case, I like RX in addition to Rally.

Perhaps Rally reminds me most of when I was young and we drove various types of vehicles on our property looking for bumps, jumps, turns or anything to challenge ourselves. It didn't matter what it was, cars, motorcycles, ATV's, even lawnmowers or bicycles; if it had wheels - we probably raced it.

I was throughly enjoying it last night, tonight?,it just won't load on my Windows 10 build.

I've tried deleting my docs files and the dirt.exe and reverified it but it refuses to load :(

Anyone? Before I wipe it tomorrow and have to re download it.

Cheers

Codies have done great things with DR. The whole early access process has been a pleasure, can only hope more developers use it as wisely.

Hoping that future DLC expands on the number of rally venues and RX courses, it still feels a little under populated. The lack of mod support is also a touch disappointing, imho.

this is a great game and i hope it helps to revitalize codemasters.

i just hope they add more content in future, even if through DLC. for me, 6 rallies, 3 Rally X tracks, and 1 hillclimb track is just not enough.

if they added just 2 more rally locations I'd be happy, and I think it would feel like more of a complete game.

I picked it up at the cheap early access price the same day it went on early access, so can't really complain too much i guess, but still .... one can never have enough rally locations.

Yes, new RX tracks would be really good and at the same time I hope that the consoles does't affect further developments for the game. Let's wait and see.
I don't think there will be any more development, the game is finished. Bar some DLC it seems most likely they will simply make a start on dirt 2. That's how the big boys work.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Do they try and keep this title going or just move onto 2?

I don't think there will be any more development, the game is finished. Bar some DLC it seems most likely they will simply make a start on dirt 2. That's how the big boys work.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Do they try and keep
this title going or just move onto 2?

I'd hate to see Codies dump it and move on to another project so soon after they have gained much respect from the racing community. It would be good if they would support it for a little while instead of making it a generic annual release.

I'm probably not alone in saying this, but I'd be happy to pay for DLC and expansions for it as it's a far superior product to a lot of other sims out there.

The Sim is brilliant! I like it very much. Just wondering, what is your ffb settings with TX or T300 in this new 1.0 build? Somethings bothering me there but i don't really know what.

I'm probably not alone in saying this, but I'd be happy to pay for DLC and expansions for it as it's a far superior product to a lot of other sims out there.
This project has been a very new thing for Codemasters. But the success on the PC has allowed them to justify porting it to the consoles, which is hopefully good news for DLC.

I'm hoping for:
- A bit more content as part of the console development push (graphical artists aren't needed to do the port, so maybe they are free to create new models and up the content amounts slightly to compete on console via tick box feature lists)
- DLC in line with Codemasters usual DiRT/GRiD levels, so perhaps 1-2 new locations and a few car packs.

We'll see what happens. Even if DLC doesn't happen I'm still very happy with the game, and will be playing it alongside other sims for years to come.

All and all, there is one thing which is guaranteed.

That the focus on this game will be maximum as Codies are now basically a brand of dev teams focused on making Racing games. All their other divisions were either merged or dismissed.

They admitted they want to double down only on Racing games (house specialty) from now on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back