DiRT Rally DiRT Rally out on Steam Early Access

Codemasters has surprised everyone with today's launch of Dirt Rally on Steam, under the Early Access label.

Judging from the official Steam Announcement, Dirt Rally features at launch (which is right now) 17 cars and 36 stages taken from 3 different locations (Monte Carlo, Acropolis and Wales).

SEE ALSO: Brand New Community Made DiRT Rally Videos

As you can see from the announcement, one of the biggest bullet points is "Simulation Handling". While we still haven't tried it yet, Codemasters definitely seems to be aiming for a more unforgiving driving model, with a "brand new model that simulates everything from the way the surface of the road behaves to limited slip differentials." Exactly how sim-like it will be remains to be seen, but it's indeed a good start.

Dirt Rally will also feature asynchronous events, team management providing improved repair times, league support.

Dirt Rally is currently in Early Access and available for the price of 26,99€, and it's going to receive new content in the form of cars, tracks and features for free.

Are you surprised as well by the Codies' announcement? Let us know your opinion in the comments!
DiRT_Rally_Announce_06.jpg

A wild rally game appears.

I have Dirt 3 and couldn't enjoy the game even after the steamworks patch. Forcefeed back was messed up with a lot of different wheels, not sure if they already fixed.

Hope it's good and it's using F1 2015 engine, not 2014.

Waiting for first impressions!

Let's hope that all the energy drink gymkhana stuff will be gone the series should turn back to its roots and focus on rallying and perhaps rallycross and also include some decent stages.The ones in Dirt 3 were just too short and the variety was little.You basically had 5 big stages(monte carlo being the 5th one) and every other stage was a 1 or 1 and a half minute part of that stage.If they bring a good car variety,decently long stages from multiple locations the game will be a winner for me.However it's going to face some competition from milestone's wrc5 and sebastien loeb rally evo.:thumbsup:

In the eurogamer video you can see that the tracks are huge.... :D
That was one of the biggest let downs of Dirt games.... now the physics dont look RBR-ish but not even close to Dirt3, waiting for people's opinions :)

@Ole Marius Myrvold if you say it's good I bet quite some people will buy this game, please post your verdict!

I'm sceptical, the video didn't give me amazing feelings... it will take a while to DL it (I share an apartment and slow connection with 2 buddies).
Aaand, Im against the whole Early Access thingy.

But as at least 2 people seem to give my opinion some value. I'll buy it when I come home :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%